The OCP Future Technologies Symposium (FTS) is a bi-annual event, held in conjunction with the OCP Global and Regional Summits, to provide a forward-looking funnel of technologies which focus on solving future problems facing the industry, and accelerate productization through partnerships and (...)
- Call for Content
- Experience Center
- OCP Future Technologies Symposium
2022 OCP Global Summit
The Open Compute Project (OCP) Summit is the largest gathering of technologists looking to apply the benefits of open source and open collaboration to hardware and software, and rapidly increase the pace of innovation in, near and around the data center and beyond. The in-person event is held twice each year - in the Spring the OCP Regional Summit is held in Europe, with a specific focus on the challenges and solutions unique to that region of the globe; while the OCP Global Summit is our largest, held in the Fall each year in San Jose, California.
2022 Summit Theme
Empowering Open is the theme for the 2022 Global Summit. The world’s most innovative organizations - from hyperscalers to colo-facilities to enterprise to government - have realized the benefits of openly researching, developing, testing, deploying, and sharing technologies through collaboration.
The Open Compute Project has followed the advice of the late Robert Noyce, inventor of the integrated circuit, and INTEL founder, “Don’t be encumbered by history, just go out and do something wonderful.” This year we want to celebrate and recognize the accomplishments of our Empowered Open Community that is already doing something wonderful! Lots of things:
- When chilled air no longer can cool, we shift to liquid.
- When electrons are too slow, we embrace light.
- When designs become inflexible, we adopt modularity.
- When data center locations matter, we adapt to the edge.
- When we eliminate direct emissions, we go after indirect emissions.
The OCP Empowered Community is also solving problems in the areas of security, time domain, chiplets, connectivity, and more.
This year’s Summit will be three jam-packed days, and brings together the brightest engineers and business leaders who will share the technologies present in best-in-class solutions. You will hear about challenges to match the fast-paced demand for advanced compute, storage, and network performance.
The Future Technologies Symposium will coincide with the OCP Global Summit and attendees will hear about emerging challenges and how these may be addressed. Simultaneously, the Engineering Workshops will discuss new products, specifications, and key learnings. Our Experience Center will provide an up-close and personal look at some of these emerging solutions, while the Expo Hall will feature the latest innovations from leading-edge companies.
The OCP Global Summit is expanding to 3 days! Read the news here.
The OCP Foundation is pleased to announce that the Global Summit will officially be extended to three days. So mark your calendars for the 2022 in-person Summit, planned for October 18-20 in San Jose, California.
YOU ASKED, WE LISTENED!
The OCP Community has expressed a need for more time at Summit to learn, network, and explore. So, we are doing just that! Here's what you can expect:
- Two full days of Engineering Workshops. Meaning you have more time to see the sessions you really want to in-person!
- An extra day for the Expo Hall. Our sponsors always love the packed expo hall and need more time to engage with attendees.
- The Future Technologies Symposium, which is gaining tremendous momentum and interest, will now be held on Day 2 as part of the regular Summit schedule.
- More time for networking with your peers and meeting fellow Community members!
- More collaboration opportunities, as several industry leading organizations are looking to co-locate at the OCP Global Summit.
- The 2022 Global Summit will be an in-person event! All sessions will be recorded and provided to the Community at-large post-event.
Here is a quick preview of the new schedule:
Day 1 - Tuesday, October 18
Opening Night Happy Hour
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, evening Reception Hors d'oeuvres
Day 2 - Wednesday, October 19
Future Technologies Symposium
Expo Hall Talks
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Snack
Day 3 - Thursday, October 20
Expo Hall Talks
Meals included: Breakfast & Lunch
Questions? Contact email@example.com
The OCP Foundation is pleased to announce that the Global Summit will officially be extended to three days. The 2022 Summit will take place in-person on October 18-20 in San Jose, California. There are many reasons for this change. As the OCP Global Summit has grown each year, we receive more (...)
We recently wrapped the 2021 OCP Global Summit that was held both in-person and online simultaneously. This hybrid event is one of the first of its kind, with attendees participating onsite while others engaged with live-streaming and virtual tools. Here are some of the numbers: We had 2 (...)
New to the OCP Global Summit? Here’s what you can expect! It’s been a while since we’ve walked through the halls of a convention center. We can’t wait to see your faces again in-person in San Jose in November. If you are attending the OCP Global Summit for the (...)