The OpenRMC-DM Sub-Project is under the direction of the OCP Hardware Management Project Group. Please reach out to the Sub-project lead if you would like to get involved.
The OpenRMC-DM Sub-project creates designs and specifications to enable interoperable manageability for Open Compute rack managers. Deliverables from this project will include:
- Specification for the interface exposed by the rack manager to the rest of the datacenter
- Requirements on the interface between the rack manager and the on-platform components
- An open-source implementation of the rack manager controller software
The OpenRMC shall specify manageability capability of the rack management controller (RMC). The sub-project’s activities include:
- Specifying the northbound interface for the RMC
- Specifying the southbound interface requirements for the RMC
- Overseeing the OCP’s Rack-Manager source repository
Device Manager - Incubation provides a unified method to:
- Identify and Query devices for Asset Management
- Monitor early warning signs to help with Fault Isolation, and take Preventive Actions
- Manage SW and FW
This enables the entire network of connected devices (including networking, storage, and server) to be monitored and managed remotely, thus, ensuring their High Availability.
Regular Project Calls
This sub-project meets twice a month of the 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 8:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET).
These meeting are recorded via audio and video. By participating you consent that these recordings may be made publicly available. Any presentation materials, proposals and meeting minutes are published on th respective project's wiki page and are open to the public in accordance to OCP's Bylaws and IP Policy. This can be found at http://opencompute.org/about/ocp-policies/. If you have any questions please contact OCP.
OCP OpenRMC-DM Calendar
The calendar displayed here is updated nightly from the project's Groups.io Calendar