Open Compute Project (OCP) Foundation - Press Release Policy
The OCP Foundation must ensure that all publications containing its name, logo, or any reference to the Foundation, its Project Groups, Specifications, Designs, Community and more maintain an image that is consistent with our mission statement, trademark and usage agreements.
If you would like to reference OCP in your press release, please follow the guidelines below:
- All press releases that contain the OCP name, logo, or any other reference to OCP must be submitted to the PR contact at the OCP Foundation at least 7 days before the press release is made public.
- Although the OCP Foundation intends to reply to all requests for press releases as soon as possible, if a company does not receive formal permission from the OCP Foundation to reference its name before the release date, they do not have permission to reference OCP in any way.
OCP Quote Policy
- If possible please give our PR Team a minimum of 2 weeks lead time for any PR/Media requests.
- Only Silver, Gold and Platinum Members are eligible for Foundation quotes about membership.
- Hardware and software contributors are eligible for Foundation quotes about accepted IP contributions.
- Please note: The Foundation does not give quotes about “intended” contributions.The Foundation does not allow members to use the OCP Logo. Each Membership tier will be given a logo that corresponds with its membership level.
As a reminder, no Member may make a press or other public announcement regarding its activities as a Member of the Corporation that names the identities of any other Member unless prior written consent is received from any Member named in the press release or public announcement. The Corporation may make a press or other public announcement regarding any subject germane to its purposes and may identify Member as a member of the Corporation, provided that prior written consent is received from any Member named in the press release or public announcement for any other purposes.
The Corporation covenants that any approved deliverables will be published to all Members within thirty (30) days following adoption. The Corporation agrees that any publication of a final deliverable shall include appropriate disclaimers, as agreed by the Corporation, to prevent any third party from claiming that any rights are granted by implication or estoppel because of such publication.
OCP Boiler Plate
The Open Compute Project Foundation (OCP) was initiated by Facebook in 2011 with a mission to apply the benefits of open source and open collaboration to hardware and rapidly increase the pace of innovation in, near and around the data center’s networking equipment, general purpose and GPU servers, storage devices and appliances, and scalable rack designs. OCP’s collaboration model is being applied beyond the data center, helping to advance the telecom industry & EDGE infrastructure.
Look for products that have an OCP Accepted or OCP Inspired icon.
Products that carry the OCP Accepted recognition comply 100% with an OCP approved specification and the design files are open sourced and available.
OCP Accepted or OCP Inspired products have been demonstrated and meet 3 or more of the OCP tenets-efficiency, openness, impact & scale. They can only be sold with warranty and support.
The OCP Facility Recognition program is intended to brand your facilities to be OCP Ready. Guidelines were created by our Data Center Facility Project Team and serve as a reference for data center operators and tenants who want to understand the fundamental facility requirements to deploy this gear into their IT space. Facilities that meet these guidelines and approved by the OCP DC Facilities Project receive the certification as an OCP Ready facility.