The Open Compute Project (OCP) Foundation is pleased to announce the Call for Nominations to serve as an Incubation Committee Representative for the 2023-2025 term. The Incubation Committee (IC) is a group of volunteer thought leaders, consisting of an elected representative from each of the top-level Project Communities and the IC Co-Chairs. There are currently 15 members on the IC; 12 elected IC Representatives (ICR) and 3 appointed Co-Chairs. The IC Representative is an elected position for a two year term.
- Identify industry problem sets beyond those that the project communities are currently working on.
- Guide the Solution Discovery Process and Improve the Current Process for more effective communication.
- Define the Strategic Roadmap for OCP Projects via Strategic Initiatives
- Create Awareness of OCP beyond our Community and become ambassadors and champions globally and within their own ecosystems.
- Review and vote on all contributions made by members in the Project Community.
An individual nominated to become an IC Representative must belong to a Silver, Gold or Platinum Level Member. Community Level Members are not eligible to nominate or serve on the IC. An individual nominated to become an IC Representative must be deemed to be active within that respective project community by the current project leadership team and OCP Foundation staff.
IC Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend all IC meetings (1st Thursday of every month, ~2hrs per month).
- Review and provide feedback on all contributions.
- Vote on all submissions.
- Provide inputs towards annual OCP Strategic Initiatives.
- Attend project/sub-project calls, workshops and events for your assigned project.
- Attend industry conferences with OCP in mind and represent your project community where possible. OCP relies on our volunteer leadership for community growth and spreading awareness.
- Represent your project community’s needs to the IC, to the Foundation, to your own organization, to other organizations and to other communities for cross collaboration and support.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the OCP Foundation and its community while advancing the mission and goals of the Open Compute Project.
An individual nominated to become an ICR must belong to a Silver, Gold or Platinum Level Member. Community Level Corporate Members are not eligible to serve on the IC. Stipulations: No one person can hold more than one leadership position at any given point in time. A tiered member company (including its affiliates) can only hold up to 25% of the total IC positions.
The Call for Nominations period will end on June 30th, 2023 at 5pm Pacific Time. You can nominate yourself or another individual via the form below, or by emailing email@example.com. As the nominations are reviewed, nominees will be contacted by OCP Staff to confirm eligibility and willingness to run for the IC.
Nomination Form - click here
OCP will publish all the nominees after the nomination period closes and inform the member companies of the final roster. Only Silver, Gold and Platinum OCP Members and the OCP Board Members are eligible to vote. Voting will start the week of July 3rd, 2023.
Votes are allocated among the member companies in the following manner: Silver members are allocated 1 vote in each election. Gold Members are allocated 2 votes in each election. Platinum Members are allocated 3 votes in each election.
- June 14th, 2023 - Call for Nominations Opens
- June 30th, 2023 Call for Nominations Closes
- Week of July 17th, 2023 Voting Phase Starts
- August 11th, 2023 Voting Phase Ends