“Accelerate Innovations of the Future”
October 18, 2023 - San Jose, California
The Call for Papers for the 2023 OCP Future Technologies Symposium (FTS) is now open! The Symposium is a bi-annual event that spotlights promising future technologies in the IT Ecosystem. The event will be held on Wednesday, October 18, 2023 as a full-day event during the 2023 OCP Global Summit, an in-person event scheduled for October 17-19 at the San Jose Convention Center. All attendees for the Global Summit will receive free access to the OCP Future Technologies Symposium. The best paper of the Future Technologies Symposium will receive a $10,000 award.
The mission of the OCP Future Technologies Symposium is to bring to the OCP Community a forward-looking funnel of ideas and talent, with a focus on solving future problems facing the industry, and accelerate productization through partnerships and collaborative R&D. The global academic, research, startup and venture communities are invited to participate to show their cutting-edge technologies and ongoing research and development projects. It is a unique opportunity to expose up-and-coming, best-in-class researchers and students to the professional community for purposes of product development, training, networking and recruitment.
Click here to watch our NEW 2023 FTS video!
This year, the focus of the OCP Symposium is “Accelerate Innovations of the Future” and authors are invited to submit papers in one of the five tracks:
- AI/HPC - Includes topics aimed at future generations of AI Hardware and how it impacts AI cluster HW/SW design : Energy-centric architectures for HPC, overall AI system efficiency, accelerating model training / inference (speeds up time to complete, reduced data size, increased reliability), quantizing effects.
- Data Center Sustainability - Includes topics aimed at new methods to prolong product life cycles, application of cutting-edge materials and technologies in shaping the life cycle of data center products, innovative research focusing on sustainable practices and technologies in the data center industry, carbon capture technologies, development and application of high-efficiency, environmentally friendly energy storage solutions, future generation energy reuse, novel methodologies for carbon accounting and costing, particularly as applied to AI/ML, trends and future implications of policy and regulation pertaining to achieving Net Zero, other cutting edge work on intersection of sustainability and data centers.
- Quantum (Data Center Design) - Includes such topics as deep dive / case study into superconducting, ion trap, and neutral atom as three modalities for quantum computing hardware, DC Facility considerations and standardizations for quantum, development environments, compilers, languages, architecture, acceleration, industry surveys and findings applied to OCP / open source, etc.
- Network / Scale Out - Includes topics aimed at future generation interconnect, performance vs. latency, optics including pluggables, Near Packaged Optics, Co-Packaged Optics and other forms- refining science and demonstrating effects, new or improved optical components etc.
- Other Future Data Center Solutions - If you have a transformative idea outside of these focus areas, you may submit your work in this category!
Submission Requirements and How to Apply
All papers must be received before the deadline, 5pm PT, June 30, 2023, via the online submission form in the FNSpeaker portal. Incomplete or late submissions will not be accepted for review. All submissions must include:
- Two-page paper with the IEEE two-column conference proceeding format
- List of authors, including one member (at a minimum) available to travel to the event
- Clearly identify the methodology proposed to address the problem
- Provide a section on the results or findings
- All uploaded files should be named as follows: [2023_Global FTS_Tech Track Name_Main author’s Surname and Name]
NOTE: Examples of past submissions and winners can be found in Past Symposium Events. If you have used the FNVirtual platform before, use your same FNid to submit your Paper by clicking here.
When submitting, please make sure you meet the following deadlines:
|May 11||Call for Papers Open|
|June 30||Call for Papers Closes|
|Week of July 24||Authors Notified if Accepted or Rejected|
|Week of July 24||Poster and Presentation Submission Period Opens|
|September 1||Poster and Presentation Submission Period Closes|
|September 1 - 8||Review Period and Final Feedback Provided to Authors|
|September 15||Final Posters and Presentations due|
|October 18||OCP Future Technologies Symposium|
Additional Opportunity : Call for Technologies Demonstrations
The OCP FTS Technologies Demonstrations is an experiential session of the Symposium, where participants have an interactive, hands-on experience with future technologies. These are innovative live models, physical prototypes, simulations, near-to-market solutions and novel IT equipment etc. Come see the interactive experiences of cutting-edge technologies from the Tech Demos.
It is a unique opportunity to get your work in front of an influential industry audience, from hyperscalers to enterprise adopters to the investor community.
How to apply?
To be considered for participation in the FTS Technologies Demonstrations please fill in the form here. The FTS organizers will review the applications and analyze them based on the OCP FTS metrics: novelty/innovation, technical feasibility and applicability in the OCP Community. Selected participants will be notified by email.
The application and participation in Tech Demos is free of charge. However, you will be responsible for any travel and shipping costs associated with participation at the FTS event on October 18, 2023 in San Jose, CA.
Tech Demo Deadline
All applications must be submitted before Monday, 31 July, 2023, 5 PM PT/ Pacific time.
If you have any questions regarding the Call for Papers for the 2023 OCP Future Technologies Symposium, please contact:
- Lesya Dymyd, FTS Chair at email@example.com
- or Kate Hendle, Meeting Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at the 2023 OCP Future Technologies Symposium in San Jose, CA.