OCP Engineering Summits
The Open Compute Project Foundation will host a series of engineering workshops each year to build on the community. The goals of the engineering summits are:
- Increased community participation and stickiness.
- Increase the OCP technology portfolio; depth and breadth of specifications and charters.
- Drive the product-ionization of OCP’s specifications. A good example here is the Intel’s interconnect technology that enables Sipho.
- Solidify specification versioning pipeline, release process, naming conventions.
- Take into account/understand the suppliers needs and OCP partners needs; AMDs Roadrunner and the associated release and deployment is a good example here.
- Implementation of OCP’s legal framework (CLA’s, OWFa’s).
- Building out/addressing technologies for new sectors.
2013 Engineering Summit Schedule:
- May 16 — Cambridge – MIT
- May 27-28 — Tokyo – to receive the registration code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and then register HERE
- June 18 – OCP hackathon #2. Hosted at Facebook, details and registration here
- August 20 — SF Bay Area (TBD)
- September 24 — NY (tentative)
- November 7 — Austin (UoT)
Open Compute Annual Summits
The Open Compute Project Foundation hosts annual summits, where the community meets and discusses the latest developments with OCP. Summits offer a chance to hear from speakers and panels, get the latest announcements, view demonstrations, visit booths, and network with others in the community.
We also welcome your participation, too. Here are a few ways you can participate:
- If your company is interested in sponsoring an OCP Summit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to share upcoming opportunities.
- Attend a summit! The next OCP Summit will be held in early 2014 in the SF Bay Area – check back for more details!
- If you’re interested in leading a technical workshop or presenting at a future summit, please contact email@example.com.
- January 16-17, 2013, Santa Clara, CA
- May 2-3, 2012, San Antonio, TX
- October 27, 2011, New York, NY
- June 17, 2011, Palo Alto, CA