The recent partnerships between Vodafone and AWS and AT&T and Google have the potential to transform the service offering of telcos and enable transformational services, such as augmented reality and machine learning across many industries such as healthcare, retail and manufacturing.
On the network infrastructure side, Rakuten's July 2021 acquisition of Altiosar also promises to alter market dynamics, accelerate the development of cloud-native telecoms platforms and Open RAN technology.
Our panel of industry experts will consider these developments and issues such as how hyper scalers and open computing are increasing innovation and the roll-out of new services to subscribers and how Open RAN is opening up the network ecosystem to new entrants.
- Joanna Newman, Principal Cloud Transformation Manager, Vodafone
- Steve Helvie, VP Channel Development, Open Compute Project
- Steve Douglas, Head of 5G, Spirent
- Eugina Jordan, VP Marketing, Parallel Wireless
- Professor William Webb, CEO, Weightless SIG
- Chair: Paul Graham, Head of Telecoms, Fieldfisher