The Open Compute Project (OCP) will be a prominent part of the Broadband World Forum (BBWF) Exhibition in Berlin this year. The OCP Experience Area will promote open networking for scalable computing in front of a high-level operator audience, featuring two racks with gear, a 21" and CG19".
OCP plans to have an OpenRack and the Carrier Grade OpenRack (CG-OpenRack-19) set up in the Experience Area. These racks will house a variety of compute, storage, and network devices showcasing the breadth of suppliers and functionality that is available in the marketplace for either of the open hardware architectures. As a participant in the showcase, we would like to promote your OpenRack product by having a sample product installed in either of these racks.
OCP is a key partner of the event for 2017, using BBWF as a platform to spread awareness and drive collaboration and innovation.
OCP Silver Tiered Member Radisys will be hosting a Panel Discussion: Is the Price Too High for Open Source?
One of the most talked about topics in the industry is around Communications Service Providers (CSPs) transforming their Central Offices into virtualized telco data centers built with open source hardware and software. This transformation is being driven by CSPs that are grappling with the “4th Industrial Revolution,” as they shift from connecting people to connecting everything.
But some sceptics are crying foul. They believe that open source has not delivered on its promise to accelerate innovation while lowering costs. And that the cost of integrating a variety of open source software and hardware and then maintaining it in a sustainable manner is high. Other voices raised cite “where’s the RoI?” Why should vendors create new technologies and then be expected to just give it away?
This panel session will feature a lively discussion, including OCP Chief Technology Officer Bill Carter, that will address these RoI concerns and explain why an open architecture decision can provide significant economic value to CSPs and their customers. Attendees will gain deeper insight into the following:
- The business drivers behind the telecom industry’s transformation and why open source can enable CSPs to meet the demand generated by 50B connected devices
- The cross-industry efforts to create robust open reference architectures
- The rising roles and responsibilities of systems integrators to bring all of the components together and deliver turnkey open telecom solutions
- The changing RoI model and how vendors can still make money in this new open paradigm
OCP member organizations who are interested in exhibiting in the OCP Experience Area can secure a space.
- 1x1 metre pod on OCP Experience Area (includes shelf and unit to insert signage)
- Electricity (monitors and other AV to rent directly from the venue)
- 2 x stools
- Unlimited exhibition passes
- 1 x full conference pass
Marketing & Promotion Opportunities:
- Opportunity to contribute content to our industry leading content platform – UBB2020 - On-site interview to be shared across our digital platforms – including LeadersIn
- Logo included on website, brochure, show guide and marketing materials
- Promotion of OCP partner participation on BBWF Social Channels
Cost to OCP Partners: $5,000 USD
Please direct enquiries to:
Head of Sales, Broadband and Optical World Series
DD: +44 207 017 4260
Mobile: +44 799 000 6826
Learn more and register here: https://tmt.knect365.com/bbwf/
Broadband World Forum Fast Facts:
5000+ visitors per year
3 days curated content
About the BBWF operator audience:
73% Director level & above
38% fixed network operator
19% Mobile Operator
5% Cable Operator
36% Converged Operator
3% Satellite Operator
79 countries represented:
11% US & Canada
4% Middle East
UBB2020 Community Page stats Q1 2017
2.5k active registered users
96,973 Page views Q1 2017
55,211 unique visitors Q1 2017
1,379 messages posted on UBB2020 Q1 2017
75 unique content pieces posted
3,620 Twitter followers
14,500 LinkedIn Group Members