The Open Compute Project (OCP) Foundation would like to announce that nominations are now open for its OCP Project Leads. Starting today, Monday 6 June through Monday 20 June 2016, project members can begin nominating candidates for the project lead positions. If you or someone you know would like to run for one of the project lead positions please fill out the webform.
Current project leads are eligible to run for these positions as well.
OCP Project Seats Available:
- Certification and Interoperability (C&I)
- Data Center
- Hardware Management
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Open Rack
Roles and Responsibilities:
Leadership of an OCP project is, by far, one of the most important volunteer roles within the OCP ecosystem.
The role of an OCP Project Lead includes (but not limited to):
- facilitate discussions, both online and in-person, that empower and encourage project participants to communicate, collaborate, and contribute to OCP in an open and transparent manner;
- support the direction of the Foundation by effectively communicating those goals to their projects through the OCP mailing lists, monthly calls, OCP events and various other tools;
- drive communication between their projects and the Foundation;
- work closely with the Foundation to grow the reach of their respective projects and that of the OCP ecosystem;
- focus on the needs of the project participants, the project goals, and the OCP Foundation’s goals and philosophies.
In addition the Project Leads must be able to infuse their project with the following traits:
- strong community leadership
- world wide collaboration
- inclusive vs exclusive approach
- technical excellence
- focus on innovation
2 years - July 2016 - July 2018
To be considered eligible to run in this election nominees must be either an Individual OCP Member or belong to an OCP Member organization. Some restrictions apply.
Individuals may be self-nominated or can be nominated by another project member. All nominees must be either an individual member or belong to an OCP Tiered Member organization. Co-leadership is encouraged and for some nominees may be required. Membership status will be verified and if any issues are found with the nominee's eligibility an email will be sent prior to the testimonial phase. Click here to nominate yourself or someone you know.
To be eligible to vote for a project lead in this election individuals must be an OCP Member (Individual or Tiered) and signed up for the mailing list on the OCP project they wish to cast a vote in.
Foundation Employees and OCP Board of Directors are also eligible to vote for the Project Leads.
Those who wish to vote should make sure they have created an account on the OCP website and signed up for the OCP Project mailing list that wish to cast a vote in no later than 20 June 2016. If you belong to a member organization then please use your organizational email address on both the OCP Mailing list and for your account on the OCP Website.
- 6 June 2016 - Call for Nominations Starts
- 20 June 2016 - Call for Nominations Ends
- 21 June 2016 - Publish list of Nominees
- 21 June 2016 - Testimonial Phase Starts
- 5 July 2016 - Testimonial Phase Ends
- 6 July 2016 - Voting Phase Begins
- 20 July 2016 - Voting Phase Ends
- 21 July 2016 - New Leads Announced
- 22 - 31 July - Transition/On-Boarding of New Project Leads
- 1 August 2016 - New Project Leads Assume Project Responsibilities
Restrictions and Limitations:
- To be eligible for nomination you must create your profile on the website and be signed up for the OCP Project Mailing list you wish to participate in on or before 20 June 2016 at 5pm Central.
- All nominations must be added to the webform no later than 5pm central on 20 June 2016.
- You must be an individual member (by creating your profile you are signing the individual agreement) or an employee of a member organization in good standing in order to be nominated. Nominee membership will be validated by 20 June 2016.
- You must belong to them mailing list of the OCP Project you wish to participate in no later than 20 June 2016.
- Individual, Community and Silver level tiered members can hold no more than 1 leadership position at any one time.
- Gold level tiered members are eligible to hold no more than 2 leadership positions at any one time.
- Platinum level tiered members are eligible to hold no more 3 leadership positions at any one time.
- No person shall hold more than 2 leadership positions at any one time.
- Leadership positions are defined as OCP Board Member, OCP Incubation Committee (IC) member (excludes chair and vice-chair), OCP Project Leads and OCP Approved Regional Community Leaders.
Questions and More Information:
If you have any questions about this election please email email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the status of your individual or organization membership please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about this election can be found at: