OCP Engineering Workshops
The Open Compute Project Foundation will host a series of engineering workshops each year to build and grow the OCP community. The goals of these workshops include:
Increase community participation and stickiness.
Increase the OCP technology portfolio; depth and breadth of specifications and charters.
Drive the product-ionization of OCP’s specifications.
Solidify specification versioning pipeline, release process, naming conventions.
Take into account/understand the suppliers needs and OCP partners needs
Implementation of OCP’s legal framework (CLA and OCPHLs).
Building out/addressing technologies for new sectors.
The OCP Engineering Workshops are working sessions that are meant to be technical in nature and are designed to allow the OCP Project Communities to come together to work on the goals and set the direction of each project as it supports supports the mission and vision of the OCP Foundation. These Engineering Workshops are designed to encourage, empower, and inspire the OCP community to communicate, collaborate and contribute! These events are free to the public, but do require registration. Attending an OCP Engineering Workshop counts toward your OCP Tiered Membership time requirement. Those organizations who sponsor an OCP Engineering Workshop will be credited with a percentage of their sponsorship toward their tiered membership money requirement.
2016 Engineering Workshops
|23 May 2016||Engineering Workshop@Big Communication Event 2016||Austin Convention Center: Austin, TX||Telco|
|02 June 2016||Engineering Workshop@QCT Offices||San Jose, CA||Networking
Past Engineering Workshops
- March 10, 2016 OCP U.S. Summit 2016 - San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, CA
- October 9, 2015 OCP Engineering Workshop - Fidelity Investments, Boston, MA
- September 16, 2015 - OCP Engineering Workshop - Rackspace, San Antonio, TX
- June 8, 2015 - Telco Engineering Workshop - Big Telecom Event, Chicago, IL
- September 18, 2014 - OCP Engineering Workshop - Tokyo, Japan
- September 16, 2014 — Cloud Connect China - Shanghai, China
- July 21, 2014 — OCP Engineering Workshop at UNH - Durham, NH
- May 7-8, 2014 — Open BigCloud Symposium and OCP Workshop 2014 - San Antonio, TX
- March 5-6, 2014 — OCP Engineering Workshop - Macao, SAR - Co-located with Linaro Connect
- November 14, 2013 — Linux Forum – Seoul
- November 13, 2013 — San Antonio - UTSA
- October 21, 2013 — Linuxcon Europe – Edinburgh
- October 1, 2013 — Goldman Sachs NY
- September 15-17, 2013 — Cloud Connect Shanghai
- August 13, 2013 — Fortune Data Center – San Jose; to receive the registration code please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and then register HERE
- May 27-28, 2013 — Tokyo
- May 16, 2013 — Cambridge – MIT