OPEN COMPUTE ANNUAL SUMMIT
The Open Compute Project Foundation hosts annual summits, where the community meets and discusses the latest developments with OCP. Summits offer a chance to hear from speakers and panels, get the latest announcements, view demonstrations, visit booths, and network with others in the community.
We also welcome your participation, too. Here are a few ways you can participate:
- If your company is interested in sponsoring an OCP Summit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to share upcoming opportunities.
- Attend a summit! The next OCP Summit will be held in early 2014 in the SF Bay Area – check back for more details!
- If you’re interested in leading a technical workshop or presenting at a future summit, please contact email@example.com.
OCP Summit V
We are pleased to announce the dates for the next Open Compute Project Summit on Tuesday, January 28 and Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at the San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, CA; more details can be found here.
- January 16-17, 2013, Santa Clara, CA
- May 2-3, 2012, San Antonio, TX
- October 27, 2011, New York, NY
- June 17, 2011, Palo Alto, CA
OCP ENGINEERING WORKSHOPS
The Open Compute Project Foundation will host a series of engineering workshops each year to build on the community. The goals of these are:
- Increased community participation and stickiness.
- Increase the OCP technology portfolio; depth and breadth of specifications and charters.
- Drive the product-ionization of OCP’s specifications. A good example here is the Intel’s interconnect technology that enables Sipho.
- Solidify specification versioning pipeline, release process, naming conventions.
- Take into account/understand the suppliers needs and OCP partners needs; AMDs Roadrunner and the associated release and deployment is a good example here.
- Implementation of OCP’s legal framework (CLA’s, OWFa’s).
- Building out/addressing technologies for new sectors.
UPCOMING ENGINEERING WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
- Check back soon for our 2014 schedule!
PAST ENGINEERING WORKSHOPS
- May 16 — Cambridge – MIT
- May 27-28 — Tokyo
- August 13 — Fortune Data Center – San Jose; to receive the registration code please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and then register HERE
- September 15-17 — Cloud Connect Shanghai
- October 1 — Goldman Sachs NY
- October 21 — Linuxcon Europe – Edinburgh
- November 13 — San Antonio - UTSA
- November 14 — Linux Forum – Seoul