As the Open Compute Project (OCP) begins its second decade, its original mission of community-driven open hardware specifications for operations at scale has evolved to include an expanded focus on innovation and collaboration. The OCP Foundation is expanding its role as a catalyst for collaboration (...)
Call for Presentations
San Jose, California
- Call for Presentations
- Experience Center
- OCP Future Technologies Symposium
|OCP Global Summit - Open Submissions||Deadline to Submit|
|Breakout Sessions - OCP Project and Special Focus Tracks (Days 2-3 of Summit)||Information||OPEN||June 16|
|Future Technologies Symposium - Papers (Day 2 of Summit)||Information||OPEN||June 30|
|Future Technologies Symposium - Technology Demonstrations (Day 2 of Summit)||Information||OPEN||July 31|
|Experience Center Stations||Information||OPEN||July 14|
The Call for Presentations for the 2023 OCP Global Summit - Breakout Sessions is Now OPEN!
If you have any questions regarding speakers or sessions for the 2023 OCP Global Summit, please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2023 OCP Global Summit is an in-person event ONLY. All sessions will be recorded and posted to the OCP website post event.
Global Summit Breakout Sessions - Content Deadlines
|May 8||Call for Presentations OPEN|
|June 16||Call for Presentations CLOSES|
|Week of July 17||Speakers Notified - Accept or Reject|
|August 25||Speaker Draft Presentations Due|
|August 28 - September 11||Presentation Review Period|
|September 29||Speaker Final Presentations Due|
|October 17-19||OCP Global Summit|
- OCP Project: Cooling Environments - This track is designed to address the increasing demand for data center cooling innovations. Includes Sub-Projects: Advanced Cooling Facilities (ACF), Immersion, Cold Plate, Door Heat Exchanger and Heat Re-use.
- OCP Project: Data Center Facility (DCF) - Design, commissioning and operational practice of the data center, power and cooling infrastructure in support of IT equipment, DC infrastructure management. Includes Sub-Projects: Operation Technology Security (OTS), Modular Data Center (MDC), DCF Sustainability, OCP Ready™ Facilities Program.
- OCP Project: Hardware Management - This project creates and designs specifications to enable interoperable manageability for Open Compute Platforms, with core focus on baseline hardware manageability and out of band management. Includes Sub-Projects: OpenRMC-DM, Hardware Management Module, Hardware Fault Management.
- OCP Project: Networking - Networking hardware and software deployed into data centers, telecom central offices and enterprise. Includes Sub-Projects: Enterprise Connectivity Solutions (ECS), Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), NetworkingSW and SAI, Standardized NPU Mezzanine Card
- OCP Project: Open System Firmware (OSF) - An open firmware development project aiming to allow BIOS to be modified and shared by the owners. This project leverages Coreboot/Linux Boot by filling the gaps against UEFI BIOS.
- OCP Project: Rack & Power - The Rack & Power Project focuses on rack standards that are designed for data centers, integrating the rack into the data center infrastructure. Includes standard 19” and OpenRack 21” architectures, power shelves, bus bars and the enclosures.
- OCP Project: Security - The goal of the OCP Security project is to improve security across data centers through open standards. It provides specifications for hardware and software on security implementations.
- OCP Project: Server - Technologies and products for compute and hardware acceleration including but not limited to silicon, modularity, products and integration solutions. Includes Sub-Projects: Composable Memory System, OAI (Open Accelerator Infrastructure), ODSA (Open Domain-Specific Architecture), NIC, HPC (High Performance Computing), DC-MHS, Scalable IO Virtualization
- OCP Project: Storage - Cloud storage device’s electro-mechanical, interface standards, API standards and storage appliance design contributions.
- OCP Project: Sustainability - The data center industry is at the forefront of ever increasing power usage and greenhouse gas emissions in an age when climate change impacts are hard to ignore. OCP Sustainability is working to enable progress towards industry goals by addressing unique challenges and opportunities presented within the Open Compute Project ecosystem - to deploy industry best practices that promote reusability and circularity.
- OCP Project: Telco and Edge - Technologies and products for telecom functions and far edge deployment including but not limited to silicon, modularity, products and integration solutions. Includes work being done in the Edge Sub-Project.
- OCP Project: Time Appliances Project (TAP) - Aims to bring together the community of datacenter operators, application developers, and equipment and semiconductor companies together to enable datacenter time-sensitive applications.
- OCP Special Focus: Global Policy & Use Cases - The track will highlight adopters and deployments of OCP Recognized Hardware and typical use cases, also highlights success with OCP Experience Center program and OCP DR Ready Colocation Facilities Program
- OCP Special Focus: Optics Track - This track will explore opportunities for collaboration between organizations adjacent to OCP working on optical networking (researchers and their vendors). Areas of interest include new optics technologies that will reduce power consumption, data center optics (400G, 800G and 1.6T Ethernet), DCI interconnect (400G, 800G, and 1.6T-ZR), and optical chiplets.
- OCP Special Focus: Quantum - This track will explore opportunities for collaboration between organizations adjacent to OCP working on Quantum (researchers, vendors, and adopters).
- Your product is based on an approved specification (listed in the OCP Contribution Database) and is present in the OCP Marketplace by Sept 29, 2023.
- Your specification has been approved by OCP and is listed in the OCP Contribution Database by Sept 29, 2023.
- Your facility has completed the OCP Ready Colocation Facility Self Assessment and is listed in the OCP Marketplace by Sept 29, 2023.
- An organization that has adopted OCP recognized solutions on the OCP Marketplace (OCP recognized products, OCP Ready™ Colocation Facility, Integrated Solutions) by Sept 29, 2023.
- Your organization is participating in the OCP Experience Center Program and wishes to share results and best practices for success.
- Data center facility operator showcasing OCP best practices.
- Your organization is sharing learnings from OCP deployments demonstrating business value such as reduction in CAPEX, OPEX and Energy Efficiency.
- Your organization has built a managed service or professional services offering for deploying and supporting OCP recognized solutions. Highlighting specific examples of performing these services to enterprise level customers in key vertical markets such as telecom, Cloud SP, retail, public sector, etc.
- You are deploying OCP recognized equipment (cards/accessories/components/ modules) in your traditional product and why you chose OCP.
- Your organization is testing its software on OCP recognized products and listed in OCP's Github.
- Your organization is developing an open tool to support OCP recognized products which is listed in OCP's Github.
- Your organization has built integrated solutions using OCP recognized hardware which leverages traditional enterprise software; highlighting use cases, workloads and can share specific examples of end user deployments along with business results. This may include:
- OCP approved contributions (white papers, guidelines, reference designs, etc)
- OCP recognized (OCP Accepted™ or OCP Inspired™) products
- OCP recognized Integrated Solutions
- Use of tools, firmware and software on OCP's Github
- You have a new contribution (with a signed Contribution License Agreement) that is in process and you are looking for feedback from the Project Commmunity.
- The current Project Community is discussing an on-going work effort and you have additional information in support of these work efforts and the data is open for discussion and not confidential.
- You are part of a relevant adjacent community and you can describe which OCP Projects are impacted by your work and how that work will benefit both communities.
- Other - all presentations must discuss relevance to OCP
2023 OCP Future Technologies Symposium: Call for Papers Now OPEN
“Accelerate Innovations of the Future” October 18, 2023 - San Jose, California The Call for Papers for the 2023 OCP Future Technologies Symposium (FTS) is now open! The Symposium is a bi-annual event that spotlights promising future technologies in the IT Ecosystem. The event will be h (...)
2023 OCP Regional Summit Recap
By all accounts, the 2023 OCP Regional Summit was a huge success with nearly 600 people attending the event in Prague, Czech Republic! Thank you to our amazing Members, Sponsors, Partners, Volunteers and Community! "Empowering Open” was the theme for the 2023 OCP Regional Summit. OCP aim (...)
First Time Attendee Guide: 2022 OCP Global Summit
New to the OCP Global Summit? Here's what you can expect! We look forward to seeing you October 18th to the 20th at the San Jose Convention Center for the 2022 OCP Global Summit! If you are attending the OCP Global Summit for the first time, here are some helpful tips for navigating and network (...)
OCP’s Global Summit Sustainability Practices
Now that the industry is getting back to face-to-face meetings and attending industry events, we want to share with the Community how we are making our events as environmentally responsible and sustainable as possible. As we prepare for our upcoming 2022 OCP Global Summit, to be held this October i (...)