What is the Open Compute Project?
The Open Compute Project is a rapidly growing community of engineers around the world whose mission is to design and enable the delivery of the most efficient server, storage and data center hardware designs available for scalable computing. Currently there are eleven Project Groups that individuals and organizations can get involved with and participate in.
If you are interested in working with the Open Compute Project, we are glad to welcome you to our community. There are several ways to get involved with OCP. We encourage everyone to take a look at the [OCP website] and to sign up for our mailing lists to participate in the project meetings.
How to Join
Corporate Tiered Membership
How to Contribute
The Open Compute Project Foundation is a Delaware corporation under IRC 501(c)(6).
- George Tchaparian - CEO
- Bijan Nowroozi - CTO
- Bill Carter - OCP Fellow Emeritus
- Dirk Van Slyke - Chief Marketing Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Helvie - VP of Emerging Markets email@example.com
- Cliff Grossner - VP Market Intelligence firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kali Burdette - Director of Global Events email@example.com
- Rob Coyle - Community Techincal Program Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Schill - Community Director email@example.com
- Kevin Kifer - IT Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kate Hendle - Meeting Planner email@example.com
Board of Directors
The OCP Foundation is governed by its Board of Directors:
Chair and President
- Rebecca Weekly, Cloudflare
The Board of Directors charters the Projects and sets the strategic mission and focus of the OCP Foundation.
The Incubation Committee (IC) reviews and approves all new specs which are submitted to the OCP Foundation.
The IC Chair positions are appointed by the OCP Foundation Board.
The IC seats that mirror the OCP Projects are elected seats. For more information on the community election process go to: http://www.opencompute.org/wiki/Governance
OCP Project Groups
Specifications and designs are contributed to the OCP Foundation through the OCP Projects. Each Project Group has Project Leads. The Project Leads run the monthly project calls and assist with specification & design submissions. To join the conversation and attend a project meeting, visit the OCP Projects page here.
- Cooling Environments
- Data Center Facility
- Hardware Management
- Open System Firmware
- Rack & Power
- Time Appliance Project
- OCP Sustainability Initiative
Future Technologies Initiative
This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Copyright 2018 [Open Compute Project Foundation].