Welcome to the OCP Telco Project
The Telco Project is open to the public and we welcome anyone who is interested to become involved.
The Telecom Industry would like to apply the Open Compute Project (OCP) model to create Telecom optimized hardware. Telecommunication Service providers are seeking more than simply datacenter solutions, they are looking for solutions that encompass the entire Telco service delivery from the Datacenter to the Network edge.
The OCP Telco Project will enable participants from telecom companies and carriers as well as subsystems, software, board, and semiconductor suppliers to transition from existing proprietary solutions to OCP solutions which provide open systems free of proprietary, single supplier lock-in.
As telecom services move to the cloud, handle more data, and bring connectivity to the world, it must be done in an efficient, economical, and sustainable way. The solution designs must be created in an open, transparent and collaborative environment to create an evolving set of commoditized products optimized to meet telecom environments, including edge specific deployment requirements.
In response to Telecommunications Service Providers and carriers needs, the global hardware and software suppliers are working together to create products and solutions that can provide innovations to meet new and challenging requirements.
When OCP Accepted™ and OCP Inspired™ products are not sufficient nor deliver the technology needed by and for deployment into telecom and carrier datacenters or infrastructure, the Telco Project shall promote the creation of these products, specifications, and technologies.
- Firmware, software, and APIs for the remote management, service deployment, maintenance, monitoring, & telemetry of telecom hardware.
- Specs and designs that are interoperable with either the 19” EIA or OpenRack mechanical architecture unless targeted for deployment outside of the traditional Data Center or Central Office (e.g. Edge products).
- Creation of common architecture specifications which promote interoperability and a multi-vendor supply chain for telecom and Edge hardware.
- Creation of Telecom/carrier products derived from OCP products and approved specifications.
- Creation of Telecom/carrier products that complement OCP products and specifications by either referencing other open-source foundations (TIP, ONF, Linux Foundation, etc) or in collaboration with these foundations.
Disclaimer: Please do not submit any confidential information to the Project Community. All presentation materials, proposals, meeting minutes, and/or supporting documents are published by OCP and are open to the public in accordance to OCP's Bylaws and IP Policy. This can be found on the OCP Legal Docs page. If you have any questions please contact OCP.""
- - Charter
- - OCP Presentation Template - please contact Michael Schill for a copy
- - Loren Staley (Edgecore)
- - Ripin Checker) (Cisco)
Edge subproject Leads
- - Tanveer Saad (Nokia)
Incubation Committee Representative
- - Craig White (Nokia)
Regular Project Calls
This project meets monthly, at alternating times (please check the call calendar).
- Next Call - see calendar
- - Wiki
- - Mailing List
Recordings from Past Calls
Telco Project Technical Workshops
- - OCP Telco Workshop hosted by AT&T - Dallas, TX, Oct 29, 2018
- - OCP Regional Summit - Amsterdam, Netherlands, Oct 2, 2018
- - OCP Telco Engineering Workshop @ BCE - Austin, Tx, May 14th, 2018
- - OCP Engineering Workshop at DCD Colo & Cloud - Dallas, Tx, September 25th, 2017
- - OCP Engineering Workshop at BCE - Austin, Tx, May 15th, 2017
- - OCP Engineering Workshop - London, UK, November 2, 2016
- - OCP Engineering Workshop - University of New Hampshire, August 10, 2016
- - OCP Telco Meetup - Seoul, Korea, June 9, 2016
- - OCP Engineering Workshop - San Jose, CA June 2, 2016
- - OCP Engineering Workshop - Austin, TX May 23, 2016
- - OCP U.S. Summit - San Jose, CA Mar 9-10, 2016
- - OCP Engineering Workshop - San Antonio, TX Sep 16, 2015
- - OCP U.S. Summit - San Jose, CA Mar 9-11, 2015
Specs and Designs
- ADLINK CG-OpenRack-19 Half-Width OpenSled Server
- AT&T Open Fiber Distribution Hub Specification
- AT&T Cell Site Gateway Router
- AT&T DDC Specification
- AT&T OpenGPON V.1.3.1
- AT&T 16 Port XGS-PON vOLT V.1.3
- AT&T uCPE v2.1
- AT&T Disaggregated Approach to Firmware Upgrade for Whitebox and DCC
- Deutsche Telekom OpenGPON-OLT
- Edgecore AS7316-26X Cell Site Aggregation Router Specification & Design
- Edgecore AS7315-27X Disaggregated Cell Site Gateway (DCSG) Specification & Design
- Edgecore ASGvOLT-64 Open GPON-OLT Specification & Design
- EdgecoreAS7926-80X Aggregation Router Specification & Design
- Edgecore ASXvOLT16
- Nokia White Paper: "OPEN RACK SOLUTION BLUEPRINT"
- Radisys CG-OpenRack-19 v1.0
- Tencent OPC-4 System Specification
- UfiSpace Cell Site Gateway Router Specification & Design Package
- UfiSpace Distributed Disaggregated Chassis (DDC) Routing System S9705-48D Fabric White Box Specification
- UfiSpace Distributed Disaggregated Chassis (DDC) Routing System S9700-23D Line Card White Box Specification
- UfiSpace Distributed Disaggregated Chassis (DDC) Routing System S9700-53DX Line Card White Box Specification
- UfiSpace S9500-22XST Disaggregated Cell Site Gateway (DCSG) Specification
- UfiSpace S9501 Series Disaggregated Cell Site Gateway (DCSG) Specification
Draft Specs and other working Documents
- Edgecore AS5915-18X Disaggregated Cell Site Gateway Spec
- Edgecore AS5915-18X Presentation
- AT&T FHG and CAS presentation
- AT&T XGS MicroOLT vOLT V.1.0 (draft)
- AT&T 4 Port XGS-PON Hardened vOLT V.1.1 (draft)
- AT&T 1 PORT G.Fast DPU v2.0 (draft)
- AT&T 4 PORT G.Fast DPU v1.0 (draft)
- AT&T 8 PORT G.Fast DPU v1.0 (draft)
- AT&T 16 PORT G Fast DPU-Broadcom-v2.0 (draft)
- AT&T 16 PORT G.Fast DPU-Sckipio-v3.0 (draft)
- AT&T Port Open Programmable-PON OLT v2.0 (draft)
- Edgecore Contribution/Specification overview
- Edgecore AS7926-40/80X Aggregation Router Specification
- Orange 400V DC Power Feeding Architecture
- AT&T Converged Access Switch-CAS (draft)
- AT&T Front Haul Gateway (draft)
- UfiSpace S9600-48X Open Aggregation Router Specifciation