When OCP was started, all the Project Committee Chairs (PCCS), aka Project Leads, were appointed by
the OCP Board. In 2014, OCP will focus on being an even more open, transparent and community lead project. As we begin this focus we do so by giving the community the opportunity to vote on its Project Leads.
Starting today, Monday 6 January through Monday 13 January 2014 project members can begin nominating candidates for the project lead positions. Current project leads are eligible to run for these positions as well.
Individuals may be self-nominated or can be nominated by another project member.
Those who would like to run for the project lead position should do the following:
1. Make sure you have created a profile on the website and have signed the membership agreement. (If you belong to a member organization make sure you create your profile using your organizational email address)
Once you have ensured that you have created your account and sign the membership agreement (note that by creating this account you are agreeing to the terms and conditions in the membership agreement), email your name, the project lead position you are interested in, and a short bio (one paragraph), that explains a little bit about you, your interest in OCP, and your contribution to the project to Amber Graner
, OCP Community Manager so she can organize the ballots and create the Election Wiki pages.
In order to vote in these elections, you must go to the OCP website
and create an account
, by creating this profile you are signing the membership agreement. If you belong to a member organization then please use your organizational email address.
- 6 January 2014 - Call for nominations goes out
- 13 January 2014 - Nomination Phase Closes
- 21 January 2014 Voting Phase - members of the project can vote
- 24 January 2014 - Voting Phase closes
- 27 January 2014 - New Project Leads Announced
- 28 January 2014 - New Project Leads Assume responsibility of the projects (all pws and permissions are set)
Continue reading this post