Hardware Management/Device Manager
- Welcome to the OCP Hardware Management Device Manager Sub-project. This is a sub-project of the OCP Hardware Management Project
- This Project is open to the public and we welcome all those who would like to be involved.
- Disclaimer: Please do not submit any confidential information to the Project Community. All presentation materials, proposals, meeting minutes and/or supporting documents are published by OCP and are open to the public in accordance to OCP's Bylaws and IP Policy. This can be found on the OCP OCP Policies page. If you have any questions please contact OCP.
The Device Manager subproject is to provide governance for the OCP Device Manager repository.
The OCP Device Manager repository is located at Device Manager.
The Device Manager manages platform which conform to the OCP Baseline profile. The Device Manager obtains platform details from plaform nodes and periodically collects platform data. Device-Manager also registers for specific Redfish events from the node, like alerts, removal/insertion. The device manager can also update firmware on network devices, which assumes support beyond the OCP Baseline profile.
Device Manager publishes data onto the Kafka bus. An user-application can listen on kafka bus and make the data available on a user dashboard. Device Manager exposes a gRPC interface for direct access from an user-application.
An overview presentation of the Device Manager architecture and usage can be found at link
The community has identified extending Device Manager with a northbound Redfish interface as a priority.
- - Contribute to the Device Manager repository
- - Subscribe and participate in the discussions on mailing list
- - Attend the project or subprojects meetings. The meetings are shown in the calendar at the bottom of the Hardware Mgmt Project webpage.
The Device Manager Subproject Meeting
The Hardware Mgmt Project meeting is held on the third Tuesday of every month at 8am Pacific Time (11am ET).
- - The meetings are shown in the calendar at the bottom of the Hardware Mgmt Project webpage.
- - Meeting Agenda and Minutes
Active Documents and Specs
Call-in info and source of truth @ http://opencompute.org/projects/projects-calendar/ (Time zone shown: Eastern Time)
This call is open to the public.
If there is a cancellation, we will try our best to cancel >24hrs before the meeting by the calendars above.
The regular meeting notes are posted at the following link. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kvh8ePe_wbH1qhiWXsIg1CUBClaFVACdAbTKHmsV0bo/edit?usp=sharing
- Participate in the discussion, mailing list: Mailing List Info
- Participate in HW Management Device Manager sub-project meetings
- - OCP Calendar
Past Call Recordings
- - May 17, 2022 Device Manager - Firmware Update presentation
- - April 8th, 2022 - Call Not Recorded
- - March 22nd, 2022 - Call Not Recorded
- - March 8th, 2022
- - February 22nd, 2022
- - February 8th, 2022 Call Canceled
- - January 25th, 2022 Device Manager Training presentation
- - December 9th, 2021
- - October 28th, 2021
- - October 14th, 2021
- - September 30th, 2021
- - September 16th, 2021
- - September 2nd, 2021