Data Center Facility/ACF-Advanced Cooling Facilities
- Welcome to the OCP Advanced Cooling Facilities (ACF) Incubation Subproject.
- This Project is open to the public and we welcome all those who would like to be involved.
- Mission: The Advanced Cooling Facilities Incubation Subproject mission is to develop best practices, create collaboration documents and common guidelines facilitating the integration of Advanced Cooling Solutions into Data Center Facilities.
Seeking to advance the acceptance, performance, reliability and minimize risk/cost of Advanced Cooling Solutions into any data center facility, but especially OCP Ready™ facilities.
- Disclaimer: Please do not submit any confidential information to the Project Community. All presentation materials, proposals, meeting minutes and/or supporting documents are published by OCP and are open to the public in accordance to OCP's Bylaws and IP Policy. This can be found on the OCP OCP Policies page. If you have any questions please contact OCP.
- - Don Mitchell (Victaulic)
This project currently meets every Tuesday at 1100 ET
Call-in info and source of truth @ http://opencompute.org/projects/projects-calendar/ (Time zone shown: Eastern Time)
If there is ever a conflict between calendar invites, the OCP Project Calendar info on the website prevails. This call is open to the public.
Tentative Call info:
Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/948388005
You can also dial in using your phone. United States (Toll Free): 1 866 899 4679 United States: +1 (571) 317-3116
Access Code: 948-388-005
For alternate numbers and/or if you are new to GoToMeeting?
Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/948388005.
If there is a cancellation, we will try our best to cancel >24hrs before the meeting by the calendars above.
Meeting minutes is sent out in mailing list and can be found at [XXX]
Regular Project Calls
- - Schedule: Tuesdays @ 1100 ET
Recordings from Past Calls
- - September 1st, 2020
- - August 25th, 2020
- - August 18th, 2020
- - August 11th, 2020
- - August 4th, 2020
Notes from Past Calls
Meeting Highlights, 8/11/20
- Review of Mission – o Boundary of solution – ACF current boundary focus is solution development for connection of Advanced cooling solutions to Data Center faciltiies [and beyond]. Primarily water/glycol solutions connecting to facilities water system (FWS) or condenser water. Action item – Develop a clearer technical description – John Bean, Julius Neudorfer leading this effort - Problems to Solve – What are the key problems ACF is seeking to address o Lack of standardization on facilities side of ACS solutions leads – unique solutions = unique problems. OCP history has been to reduce challenges, cost by advancing standardization and simplification o Perception issues preventing adoption of liquid cooling – complexity, cost, risk o Adaptability/Scalability – ability to add/expand liquid cooling footprint requires planning Action item Create tracking list of problems for ACF to address (Thank you Austin) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fnN755fuveLHEcqX_01EMsxoIwVi8iW4vccCES2fJ9A/edit?usp=sharing Workstream discussion – It was proposed that collection of case studies of deployment of liquid cooled solutions would be a logical first step. All ACF participants are encouraged to provide a technical summary case study highlighting how solutions have been deployed in existing data center facilities. It is not desired to share confidential customer information in this process, but simply providing physical parameters should be achievable without risk.
Workstreams identified at Kick-off
FWS Requirements (ACS, Liquid) • Guidance and specifications aligning facility cooling solution in support of liquid cooled IT technologies over the life of a data center [design, build, install, commission, operation]. • Connections – guidance and specifications connecting liquid cooled IT to facility pipe systems Case Study library • Showcase of successful deployments of liquid distribution over the life of a data center Reference Design Development • Example deployment strategies that can easily be modified to support a spectrum of liquid cooling solutions.
Next Steps - ACF participation inventory - in progress https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xTNRqwHnNy75Ca51IfBXhlt_6b4qW7NZByr2Jw0YC80/edit?usp=sharing - ACS Case Study Collection – in progress o Case Study input form https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F2R8w9Qn73JoXhlg8AvUYJE9lldJdnfWqgS2J4M_aEA/edit#gid=1255462178
o ACS Pipe Design Request – part of case study collection - Workstream breakout, timeline - Co-Leader – in progress - Recruitment – on-going outreach to OCP community and beyond