- 1 OCP networking project monthly call - August 11, 10-11 AM US/Pacific, 1-2 PM Eastern
- 2 Attendees
- 3 New Guidelines for Contribution Credits
- 4 Review Alpha Spec
- 5 ONIE testing/certification update
- 6 Review HW perf testing
- 7 Review optics testing
- 8 Review OOB switch
- 9 Upcoming OCP Workshops
- 10 Open Discussion
OCP networking project monthly call - August 11, 10-11 AM US/Pacific, 1-2 PM Eastern
- Carlos Cardenas (UTSA)
- Curt Brune (Cumulus Networks)
- Chuck Hudson (HP)
- CJ Williams (Microsoft)
- David Castneda (Visa)
- Robert Chu (Alphanetworks)
- Chloe Lin (Alphanetworks)
- Jo Chang (Alphanetworks)
- Brad Booth (Microsoft)
- Mike Andrewartha (Microsoft)
- lam (NEC)
- Mike Sem (Visa)
- Rob Sherwood (Big Switch Networks)
- Peter Bruno
- Dan Sparacin (Aurrion)
- Amir Sheffer (Mellanox)
- Bill Burger (Accton)
- Amber Graner (OCP)
- Chris Wong (Avago)
- Marc Randolph (Dell)
- Gerard Ghaibeh (Facebook)
- Dave Maltz (Microsoft)
- Albert Chen (Amphenol)
New Guidelines for Contribution Credits
Review Alpha Spec
- What version of ONIE is being targeted?
- What NOS support?
- Rob Sherwood: We have open network linux (http://opennetlinux.org) and are happy to work with you on this.
- Will you be adding fan tray connector part number?
- We will be adding the connector number soon.
- When the planes of the boxes will be available?
- Support for Msata drive for more than 128G flash (Gerard ghaibeh)
ONIE testing/certification update
- Will be contacting vendors this week to resolve 'non-hardware' requirements for ONIE
- Expect to start certification process in the coming weeks
Review HW perf testing
- What's the best way to move forward?
Review optics testing
- No update
Review OOB switch
- No update
Upcoming OCP Workshops
- Rob Sherwood: ONL is working towards to get it into OCP.
- Amber: work with Omar and Will Mapp
- Robert Chu: Is there an open, standard API for software vendors to port their NOS?
- Aviad: Mellanox has put forward a proposal last year about this and from the UNH workshop, it sounds like other vendors would like to join in on this effort
- CJ: Microsoft would like to work with the community and that in the next few weeks we can add more work
- Mediatek: No standard on HAL?
- Rob Sherwood: Need to have a few key applications and then eventually standardize on things that work.