Welcome to the OCP Mezzanine NIC subgroup under OCP Server Work Group. The goal of this subgroup is to form a healthy ecosystem in Mezzanine NIC space, under OCP framework.
We are here to build a supportive, informative and inclusive community:
- Support implementation questions
- Evaluate new use cases
- Share the latest topics and trends related to OCP Mezz NIC spec
- Share both challenges and opportunities
- Take community feedback and make iterations to proposal before submitting major revision to work group and IC
- Open to both adopters, and observers
|OCP_NIC_3.0_draft_0v01_20171205c_TN||0v01||12/05/2017||OCP NIC subgroup||Draft - Spec Working in progress|
|OCP 3.0 OCP 3.0 Pinout Proposal 20171205a_TN||20171205a_TN||12/05/2017||Intel||Pinout Proposal|
|OCP_NIC_3.0_discussion_r10_20170920||v10||9/20/2017||General deck;updated before 9/20 call|
|Mezz3.0 schedule v4_20170816||v4||8/16/2017||OCP NIC 3.0 spec project schedule; commented on 9/6/2017|
|OCP NIC 3.0_Mechanical Discussion_v04_20171027||v4||10/27/2017||Mechanical Deck|
|OCP_NIC_3_3D_CAD_r2_20170920||v2||9/20/2017||Mechanical 3D package|
|Thermal Deck_v7_20171115||v7||11/15/2017||Thermal deck|
|Updated thermal Simulation Results_v7_20171103||v7||11/3/2017||Thermal simulation result update|
|OCP_Mezz_thermal_model_v3_20171103||v3||11/3/2017||Thermal simulation model package|
|HPE_Comments_on_OCP_Mezz_v3_20170816||N/A||8/16/2017||HPE||Presentation from HPE on 8/16/2017 call|
|Dell EMC - OCP NIC Presntation v1_20170906||v1||9/6/2017||Dell-EMC||Presentation from Dell-EMC on 9/6/2017 call|
|Lenovo OCP Mezz3.0 Recommendations - 20170901||N/A||9/1/2017||Lenovo||A mechanical focused presentation from Lenovo on 9/6/2017 call|
|9/25/2017 Workshop decks||N/A||9/25/2017||Microsoft / TE / Amphenol / Broadcom / Intel / Facebook||9/25/2017 workshop slides from multiple contributors|
|9/25/2017 Workshop recording (large file 908MB)||N/A||9/25/2017||Microsoft / TE / Amphenol / Broadcom / Intel / Facebook||9/25/2017 workshop recording from multiple contributors|
1. Update spec draft to OCP_NIC_3.0_draft_0v01_20171205c_TN
2. Update pin out to OCP 3.0 Pinout Proposal 20171205a_TN
3. Specification draft complete rate
|Chapter||Draft complete rate||Status|
|2. Card form factor|
|3. Card Edge and baseboard interface|
1. Updated specification(11/12) and pin definition(11/15) to the "updated doc session"; The spec still needs a lot of work in the coming a few weeks.
2. Thermal deck v7 is uploaded (same material as presented on 11/15)
1. We did 4x working session so far and made good progress in pinout and mechanical profile
- 10/11 11:30am-3pm(PDT) - Done: TE/Dell-EMC/Intel/FB
- 10/18 9am-2pm(PDT) - Done: TE/Dell-EMC/Lenovo/Broadcom/Intel/FB
- 10/27 8am - 11am(PDT) Done: – TE/Dell-EMC/Lenovo/Broadcom/Intel/FB
- 10/31 8:30am - 10am(PDT) Done: - (Pinout specific session) Mellanox / Broadcom / Intel / Dell-EMC / FB
- 11/3 8am-11am(PDT)
- 11/15 9am-5pm(PST)
2. Latest pin out and ME deck are posted at Table above
3. Plan to post WIP specification draft after 11/3 workshop for broader review
4. We will cancel the 2017/11/01 meeting as FB team has a conflict
- Intel/Dell-EMC/TE/FB joined the spec drafting working session on 10/11 and worked on these topics: framework, sections, pinout, connector, specification drafting logistics.
- With many inputs from community, FB updated Mechanical deck to v3; Key changes are 1) fine tuning module width by 2mm 2) proposing 1 extra sizes, and total 3x sizes with different width. Detail see Mechanical Discussion_v03_20171018
- Pinout is being actively working on. Intel is taking lead on proposing and maintaining the draft; an updated version can be found [here]
- We will move from Fuze to GoToWebinar for project calls in Nov. 10/18 call is likely the last call on Fuze. More details to follow in mailing list and calendar.
- The subgroup closed on all other major options after a few months of iterations. #14 is the clear preference in subgroup. Details and specification will be worked out around this option.
- Update main deck: OCP_NIC_3.0_discussion_r10_20170920
- Update mechanical 3D package to r02
- Update mechanical deck to r02
- Add updated doc session for better tracking of latest docs and community presentations
- Update general deck to v9, thermal deck to v6
- Intend to exit phase 2 by 9/20 with option #14
- Change project name from "OCP Mezz NIC 3.0" to "OCP NIC 3.0" as option #14 is not Mezz style
Thermal results and files
1. Update to deck
2. 8/2/2017 Meeting Agenda
- Form factor stability goal (2+5+2 goal)
- Update the investigation of #14
- Revisit 1x or 2x form factor (tradeoff between simplicity and flexibility)
- Heads up of stating pin list discussion
Possible project name change
- One of the major option(#14) being looked at is not technical a "Mezz"
- Possible name change of project if the group is clearly trending toward #14
Mechanical intro - by Joshua Held @Facebook
- Josh will talk about coming activities in mechanical design of Mezz NIC
9/25 Workshop @ Dallas, TX
- Call for presentation; topical can be technically, or sharing how your experience with OCP Mezz NIC
- Suggest to drop me an email if you intend to attend (optional) - Free to register; instruction sent in mailing list
1. Update to deck
1. Update to deck
2. Update to Schedule
3. Mezz subgroup will meet @ OCP Engineering workshop Sep 25th, 2017
See below material for tomorrow's call:
1. Updates and corrections to thermal models
2. Impact of QSFP heat sink
3. Impact of contact resistance on QSFP heat sink performance
4. Go over a few topics for discussion
This project meets - 2 times a Month; Defaults to 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the Month.
Call-in info and source of truth @ http://opencompute.org/projects/projects-calendar/ (Time zone shown: Eastern Time)
This call is open to the public.
If there is a cancellation, we will try our best to cancel >24hrs before the meeting by the calendars above.
Meeting minutes is sent out in mailing list and can be found at archive
OCP Engineering Workshop Sessions https://ocpussummit2017.sched.com/event/9SAa/ocp-mezzanine-nic-20-and-beyond
More information about OCP events can be found at: http://www.opencompute.org/community/events/ocp-events-calendar
- Project communication is done through the opencompute-mezz-card mailing list.
- Please make sure following the steps until you receive confirmation email and welcome email from Opencomputeemail@example.com.
Please check your junk box and unblock Opencomputefirstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble getting confirmation email.
- To access the mailing list archives go to: http://lists.opencompute.org/pipermail/opencompute-mezz-card/
- For general discussion, please use mailing-list above by default; This is public domain and all discussion is archived
- Reach to Jia Ning if there is strong reason not to have public discussion
Specifications and Designs
|OCP Mezzanine card v2.0||V2.0-1.0||Dec 15, 2015||OWFa 1.0|| Added support for x16 (quad x4), NCSI, dual QSFP+, & Quad SDP+ |
Accepted by OCP IC 2/24/2016
|OCP Mezzanine card v0.5, original standard||V0.5||Oct 8, 2012||OWFa 1.0||Defacto standard for the original network mezzanine with a x8 PCIe Gen3 interface|