RAS API Workstream
- Welcome to the OCP RAS API workstream. This is a CLA workstream of the OCP Hardware Management Project
- This workstream is under CLA so in order to participate we need to sign a RAS API CLA .
- Disclaimer: Please do not submit any confidential information to the Project Community.
All presentation materials, proposals, meeting minutes and/or supporting documents can be utilize for the upcoming RAS API specification.
If you have any questions please contact OCP.
This workstream will be working on creating the RAS API specification.
Having no industry standard for RAS management makes each HW vendor solution specific and resource intensive; while delaying RAS feature adoption.
When creating a specification to solve the standardization problem some major pain points need to be considered:
- Specification for common abstraction for RAS between software and hardware that is vendor agnostic as well as platform agnostic.
- Connectivity for RAS management should allow co-existence of In Band and Out of Band methods
- Logging mechanism must solve RAS unique problems (Error storms, error sampling, etc.)
- RAS feature abstraction should be generic enough to have open source drivers that can do a reasonable job at managing RAS;
while leaving the opportunity for hardware vendor to differentiate and keep innovating.
The current baseline is Revision 0.8. We plan to meet with companies that agree with this objective in order to draft a complete specification that solves the problem statement.
The process to join the workstream is as follows:
- Join the mailing list: OCP-RAS-API+subscribe@OCP-All.groups.io
- Join the Google drive This will grant you access to the Google drive for the workstream and we can download and get the CLA signed
This is a link to the CLA that needs to be signed in order to participate in the workstream. RAS API CLA
Workstream Meets every TBD
- - Link to the Meeting
- - You can also dial in using your phone : US (Toll Free): 1 877 309 2073 / US: +1 (646) 749-3129 - (Access Code: )
Participate in the discussion, mailing list: OCP-RAS-API@OCP-All.groups.io Mailing List Info