Difference between revisions of "OCP Future Technologies Initiative/Software Defined Memory"
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
* Meeting Minutes
* Meeting Minutes - Coming Soon
===Past FTI Events===
===Past FTI Events===
Revision as of 15:18, 23 February 2021
Welcome to the OCP Future Technologies Initiative - Software Defined Memory Workstream
The OCP Future Technologies Initiative is a formal project within the Foundation whose mission is to build a future-focused Community within OCP to serve as forward-looking funnel for ideas and technologies three-to-five years into the future.
In 2019, the Foundation initiated the OCP Future Technologies Symposium, a bi-annual event that features a call for posters, and brings together academia, the technology industry, startups, venture capital and analyst firms to solve future challenges facing the industry, and accelerate productization through partnerships and open source R&D. All submissions are featured and the winners are announced at the Summit events OCP holds each year.
At the end of 2020, the Symposium and Foundation leaders decided it was time to organize a regular interface with the OCP Community and the research industry to better focus their continued efforts and to initiate funding and commercialization of these early stage innovations. Focused on building pipelines of talent to work on specific problems, the OCP Future Technologies Initiative will ultimately hand off promising efforts to OCP Projects, with the ultimate goal of commercialization.
- Workstream Lead
- - Manoj Wadekar (Facebook)
There are several ways to get involved in the OCP Future Technologies Initiative:
- Join the mailing list to receive updates: FTI Mailing list
- Join the mailing list of this workstream: Software Defined Memory Mailing list
- Join the conversation in the FTI LinkedIn Group
- Connect with the FTI team and the community, give advice and contribute.
- Join the OCP Future Technologies Symposium, in November 2021, in conjunction with the OCP Global Summit. Submit a paper, propose participants, attend!
The next OCP Future Technologies Symposium will be held as a Day 0 event prior to the start of the 2021 OCP Global Summit to be held in November, and will be a Hybrid event – meaning it will be in-person at the San Jose Convention Center, in San Jose, CA, and will also allow for virtual attendance and participation.
- Meeting Minutes - Coming Soon
Past FTI Events
- 2021 Future Technologies Initiative Kickoff Webinar