Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
(→What is the Open Compute Project?)
|Line 72:||Line 72:|
Revision as of 13:37, 25 September 2018
- 1 What is the Open Compute Project?
- 2 Participate
- 3 Foundation Structure
- 4 Contributions
- 5 Governance
- 6 Licensing
What is the Open Compute Project?
The Open Compute Project is a rapidly growing community of engineers around the world whose mission is to design and enable the delivery of the most efficient server, storage and data center hardware designs available for scalable computing. Currently there are eleven Project Groups that individuals and organizations can get involved with and participate in.
If you are interested in working with the Open Compute Project, we are glad to welcome you to our community. There are several ways to get involved with OCP. We encourage everyone to take a look at the [OCP website] and to sign up for our mailing lists to participate in the project meetings.
How to Join
- https://www.opencompute.org/membership/how-to-join Become a Member]
Corporate Tiered Membership
How to Contribute
The Open Compute Project Foundation is a Delaware corporation under IRC 501(c)(6).
- Rocky Bullock - CEO
- Bill Carter - CTO
- Steve Helvie - VP of Channel Development firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archna Haylock - Community Director email@example.com
- Dirk Van Slyke - Director of Marketing, Communications & Events firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rajeev Sharma - Director of Software Technologies email@example.com
- Kali Burdette - Meeting & Event Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Schill - Community Specialist, Membership email@example.com
Board of Directors
The OCP Foundation is governed by its Board of Directors:
Chairman and President
- Mark Roenigk, Infrastructure Hardware Lead - Facebook
- Andy Bechtolsheim - Individual
- Brian Stein, VP Global Engineering - Rackspace
- Bill Laing, Corporate Vice President of Cloud and Enterprise - Microsoft
- Joshua Matheus, Managing Director, Technology - Goldman Sachs
- Jason Waxman, General Manager, High Density Computing, Data Center Group - Intel
- Rocky Bullock, Secretary/Treasurer (non-voting)
The Board of Directors charters the Projects and sets the stratgetic mission and focus of the OCP Foundation.
The Incubation Committee (IC) reviews and approves all new specs which are submitted to the OCP Foundation.
The IC Chair and Vice-Chair positions are appointed by the OCP Foundation Board.
The eight IC seats that mirror the eight OCP Projects are elected seats. For more information on the community election process go to: http://www.opencompute.org/wiki/Governance
OCP Project Groups
Specifications and designs are contributed to the OCP Foundation through the OCP Projects. Each Project Group has Project Leads. The Project Leads run the monthly project calls and assist with specification & design submissions. To join the conversation and attend a project meeting, visit the OCP Projects page here.
- Data Center Facility
- Hardware Management
- Open System Firmware (Incubation)
- Rack & Power
- Security (Incubation)
This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Copyright 2018 [Open Compute Project Foundation].