What is the Open Compute Project?
The Open Compute Project is a rapidly growing community of engineers around the world whose mission is to design and enable the delivery of the most efficient server, storage and data center hardware designs available for scalable computing. Currently there are nine Project Groups that individuals and organizations can get involved with and participate in.
If you are interested in working with the Open Compute Project, we are glad to welcome you to our community. There are several ways to get involved with OCP. We encourage everyone to take a look at the [OCP website] and to sign up for our mailing lists to participate in the project meetings.
How to Join
Corporate Tiered Membership
- OCP Corporate Tiered Membership Agreement To sign the agreement, click here
- Tiered Membership Policy
- Tiered Membership Logo Usage Policy To sign the agreement, click here
How to Contribute
The Open Compute Project Foundation is a Delaware corporation under IRC 501(c)(6).
Board of Directors
The OCP Foundation is governed by its Board of Directors:
- Andy Bechtolsheim - Individual - John Engates, Chief Technical Officer, Rackspace Hosting - Bill Laing, Corporate Vice President of Cloud and Enterprise, Microsoft - Joshua Matheus, Goldman Sachs - Jason Taylor, Vice President of Infrastructure, Facebook - Chairman and President, Open Compute Project Foundation - Jason Waxman, General Manager, High Density Computing, Data Center Group, Intel
- Rocky Bullock, Secretary/Treasurer (non-voting)
The Board of Directors charters the Projects and sets the stratgetic mission and focus of the OCP Foundation.
The Incubation Committee (IC) reviews and approves all new specs which are submitted to the OCP Foundation.
The IC Chair and Vice-Chair positions are appointed by the OCP Foundation Board.
The nine (9) IC seats that mirror the nine (9) OCP Projects are elected seats. For more information on the community election process go to: http://www.opencompute.org/wiki/Governance
OCP Project Groups
Specifications and designs are contributed to the OCP Foundation through the OCP Projects. To join the conversation and attend a project meeting, visit the OCP Projects page here
- Rocky Bullock - CEO
- Bill Carter - CTO
- Steve Helvie - VP of Channel Development (email@example.com)
- Archna Haylock - Community Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dirk Van Slyke - Director of Marketing, Communications & Events (email@example.com)
- Kali Burdette - Meeting & Event Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michael Schill - Community Specialist (email@example.com)