Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|Line 83:||Line 83:|
work is licensed under a [http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License].
Revision as of 16:31, 4 April 2018
What is the Open Compute Project?
The Open Compute Project is a rapidly growing community of engineers around the world whose mission is to design and enable the delivery of the most efficient server, storage and data center hardware designs available for scalable computing. Currently there are eleven Project Groups that individuals and organizations can get involved with and participate in.
If you are interested in working with the Open Compute Project, we are glad to welcome you to our community. There are several ways to get involved with OCP. We encourage everyone to take a look at the [OCP website] and to sign up for our mailing lists to participate in the project meetings.
How to Join
Corporate Tiered Membership
- OCP Corporate Tiered Membership Agreement To sign the agreement, click here
- Tiered Membership Policy
- Tiered Membership Logo Usage Policy To sign the agreement, click here
How to Contribute
The Open Compute Project Foundation is a Delaware corporation under IRC 501(c)(6).
- Rocky Bullock - CEO
- Bill Carter - CTO
- Steve Helvie - VP of Channel Development email@example.com
- Archna Haylock - Community Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dirk Van Slyke - Director of Marketing, Communications & Events email@example.com
- Rajeev Sharma - Director of Software Technologies firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kali Burdette - Meeting & Event Manager email@example.com
- Michael Schill - Community Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
The OCP Foundation is governed by its Board of Directors:
Chairman and President
- Mark Roenigk, Infrastructure Hardware Lead - Facebook
- Andy Bechtolsheim - Individual
- Brian Stein, VP Global Engineering - Rackspace
- Bill Laing, Corporate Vice President of Cloud and Enterprise - Microsoft
- Joshua Matheus, Managing Director, Technology - Goldman Sachs
- Jason Waxman, General Manager, High Density Computing, Data Center Group - Intel
- Rocky Bullock, Secretary/Treasurer (non-voting)
The Board of Directors charters the Projects and sets the stratgetic mission and focus of the OCP Foundation.
The Incubation Committee (IC) reviews and approves all new specs which are submitted to the OCP Foundation.
The IC Chair and Vice-Chair positions are appointed by the OCP Foundation Board.
The nine (9) IC seats that mirror the nine (9) OCP Projects are elected seats. For more information on the community election process go to: http://www.opencompute.org/wiki/Governance
OCP Project Groups
Specifications and designs are contributed to the OCP Foundation through the OCP Projects. Each Project Group has Project Leads. The Project Leads run the monthly project calls and assist with specification & design submissions. To join the conversation and attend a project meeting, visit the OCP Projects page here.
- Data Center Facility
- Hardware Management
- Open System Firmware (Incubation)
- Rack & Power
- Security (Incubation)
Unless otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.