Hardware Management/Hardware Management Module
- Welcome to the OCP Hardware Management Module Sub-project. This is a sub-project of the OCP Hardware Management Project
- This Project is open to the public and we welcome all those who would like to be involved.
- Disclaimer: Please do not submit any confidential information to the Project Community. All presentation materials, proposals, meeting minutes and/or supporting documents are published by OCP and are open to the public in accordance to OCP's Bylaws and IP Policy. This can be found on the OCP OCP Policies page. If you have any questions please contact OCP.
This Subproject creates designs and specifications to enable interoperable hardware for platform manageability, in the form of System on a Module (SOM) designs. Deliverables from this project will include:
- Specification for the interface between the System on a Module and the underlying platform
- Design guides for platform designers wanting to use the module
- Designs for reference modules and carrier cards
- - OCP Presentation Template - please contact Michael Schill or Archna Haylock for a copy
The management controller module separates the common platform management hardware and places them behind a connector. the module is specified by its connector pin-out The module may have one or more form-factors
- - Eric Shobe (Dropbox)
- - Qian Wang (Intel)
- - Mailing List
Active Documents and Specs
Documents and information collateral are in the Wiki links above. Documents from the main HW Management Module group are below.
|Specification||OCP DC-SCM ver 0.7 specification||2.0||N/A||N/A||N/A||last updated Nov 2021 |
* WIP for public review
|Specification||OCP DC-SCM Rev 1.0_release_to_OCP.pdf
||Microsoft & Google||OWFa 1.0 CLA||05/26/2021 |
* approved by IC, available on the contributions portal
|Presentation||Intel Cyclone V-based RunBMC solution||n/a||4/24/2020||Intel||n/a||Presented at OCP 2020|
|Specification||RunBMC v1.5 WIP pinout||n/a||1/24/2020||Dropbox||n/a||n/a|
Accepted & Inspired submissions, available in the Marketplace
The most recent documents will always be in the OCP Marketplace, Specifications & Design Collateral or the OCP Marketplace, Orderable Products
Entries below are for ease of use and historical reference. Please use the marketplace links for the most recent documents.
|Specification||RunBMC DaughterBoard I/O Specification||1.4.1 Final||08/15/2020||Dropbox & Salesforce||OWFa 1.0 CLA||Approved|
|Product + Design Pkg||RunBMC ASPEED AST2500 32mm card following RunBMC 1.4.1 Specification
RunBMC AST2500 OpenBMC Repo
|v1.0||08/15/2020||Hyve||OWFa 1.0||Marketplace Product Link|
DC-SCM 2.0 Workgroup
This workgroup currently meets on the first Monday of each Month.
Call-in info and source of truth @ http://opencompute.org/projects/projects-calendar/ (Time zone shown: Eastern Time)
This call is open to the public.
If there is a cancellation, we will try our best to cancel >24hrs before the meeting by the calendars above.
DC-SCM2.0 meeting agenda and minutes
This is a live document, please contact Qian Wang if you would like to contribute as an author.
This specification is based on DC-SCM 1.0 with preliminary changes for DC-SCM2.0.
This PDF version will be updated regularly and is available for comment
This is a live document, used to track and communicate open topics and feedbacks for the DC-SCM 2.0 specification This document contains pin definition revisions for the DC-SCM 2.0
DC-SCM Rev 2.0 Opens tracking sheet
DC-SCM2 -- System Usage Examples -- 2021-02-01
DC-SCM2 -- OpenFSI proposal -- 2021-03-25
DC-SCM2 -- OpenFSI proposal -- 2021-05-31
MCSI Electrical IO Specification Proposal 4-15-2021.pdf
OCP summit 2021 DC-Stack Overview Executive Talk
OCP summit 2021 DC-Stack Overview Expo Hall Talk
OCP summit 2021 DC-Stack Software
OCP summit 2021 DC-SCM 2.0 update
OCP summit 2021 DC-SCM 1.0 update
OCP summit 2019 DC-SCM concept introduction
OCP Regional summit 2019 DC-SCM progress report
OCP Regional summit 2019 DC-SCM for OAI
- Participate in the discussion, mailing list: Mailing List Info
- Participate in HW Management Module sub-project meetings
- - OCP Calendar
Past Call Recordings
- - October 4th, 2021
- - June 7th, 2021
- - May 10th, 2021
- - May 3rd, 2021
- - April 26th, 2021
- - April 19th, 2021
- - April 12th, 2021
- - April 5th, 2021
- - March 29th, 2021
- - March 15th, 2021
- - March 8th, 2021
- - March 1st, 2021
- - February 22nd, 2021
- - February 8th, 2021
- - February 1st, 2021
- - January 25th, 2021