Difference between revisions of "Hardware Management/Hardware Fault Management"
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
:- [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Rama Bhimanadhuni] (Microsoft), [mailto:email@example.com Zhengyu Yang] (Facebook) / [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Anil Agrawal] (Facebook),
:- [mailto:email@example.com Rama Bhimanadhuni] (Microsoft), [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Zhengyu Yang] (Facebook) / [mailto:email@example.com Anil Agrawal] (Facebook), [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Yogesh Varma] (Intel)
Revision as of 10:35, 25 October 2021
- Welcome to the OCP Hardware Fault Management Sub-project. This is a sub-project of the OCP Hardware Management Project
- This Project is open to the public and we welcome all those who would like to be involved.
- Disclaimer: Please do not submit any confidential information to the Project Community. All presentation materials, proposals, meeting minutes and/or supporting documents are published by OCP and are open to the public in accordance to OCP's Bylaws and IP Policy. This can be found on the OCP OCP Policies page. If you have any questions please contact OCP.
The Hardware Fault Management subproject’s goal is to address the Large scale data center pain-points in managing hardware faults effectively. Objective of the subproject: to define hardware fault management solution such that it
- Minimizes performance degradation - Reduces No Trouble Found (NTF) in RMA - Scales the solution across heterogeneous fleet
Activities of the sub-project include:
- Develop running list of pain-points related to HW fault handling in the fleet(Facebook): OCP-PainpointList - Develop hardware fault management solution best practices to address the above pain-points(Facebook): OCP-BestPractice - Hardware Error reporting format Standardization(Microsoft): HW error reporting format - Define hardware error classification(HPE): HW Error Classification - OCP Fault Management Infrastructure Proposal(Google): OCP Fault Management Infrastructure Proposal - Standardizing system behavior under hardware failures (future topic) - Provide reference and guidance on system hardware failure management (future topic)
- - Rama Bhimanadhuni (Microsoft), Zhengyu Yang (Facebook) / Anil Agrawal (Facebook), Yogesh Varma (Intel)
- Participate in the discussion, mailing list: OCP-HWFaultMgt@OCP-All.groups.io Mailing List Info
- Participate in HW Fault Management sub-project meetings
- - OCP Calendar
- - Call Link
- - Subproject Meets every Friday from 2-3pm PT.
- - You can also dial in using your phone.
- - United States (Toll Free): 1 877 309 2073
- - United States: +1 (646) 749-3129
- - (Access Code: 865-768-677)
- Provide feedback and comments to working documents
Links to Documents
- Running list of pain-points related to HW fault handling: OCP-PainpointList
- Hardware fault management solution best practices to address the above pain-points: OCP-BestPractice
- Hardware Error reporting format Standardization: HW error reporting format
- Hardware error classification: HW Error Classification
- OCP Fault Management Infrastructure Proposal : OCP Fault Management Infrastructure Proposal
Presentations & Other Documents
2. OCP2020 Tech Week - Lighting Talk: OCP HW Fault Management Sub-project Update
3. OCP2020 Global Virtual Summit presentation: Overview of HW Fault Management Sub-project
4. OCP2019 Regional Summit: Platform Hardware Error Handling Requirements for Large Scale Data Center
5. OCP2019 Global Summit: Minimizing the performance penalty associated with SMM based hardware error handling solution