Data Center Facility/CFOPS
- Welcome to the OCP CFOPS (Critical Facility Operations) Subproject.
- This Project is open to the public and we welcome all those who would like to be involved.
- Disclaimer: Please do not submit any confidential information to the Project Community. All presentation materials, proposals, meeting minutes and/or supporting documents are published by OCP and are open to the public in accordance to OCP's Bylaws and IP Policy. This can be found on the OCP OCP Policies page. If you have any questions please contact OCP.
Incubation Committee Representative
- - Brevan Reyher (Rackspace)
- - Jim Gordon (Schneider Electric)
- - Göran Svensson (Coromatic)
Resilience is the capacity to prevent a crisis occurrence, and when a crisis occurs, the capacity to absorb the impact and recover rapidly to the normal state of operations. It is by adding this capability on top of the technical robustness that the site operations team can make a difference.
Main principles of the OCP CFOPS Framework:
- - Continuous performance improvement
- - Cost- and risk reduction
- - Minimized environmental impact
The framework is aligned with other standards in the field of IT Management and Facility Management. By leveraging this free-to-use framework it has been shown in real-life cases that not only the operating cost can be lowered, but also reduction of risks through improved performance in monitoring, reporting, documentation and stakeholder governance.