- 1 Welcome
- 2 Immersion Requirements Qualification
- 3 Focus groups
- 4 Accepted contributions
- 5 Get Involved
Welcome to the OCP ACS Immersion Cooling Sub-project to the Rack & Power Project.
This Project is open to the public and we welcome all those who would like to be involved.
Disclaimer: Please do not submit any confidential information to the Project Community. All presentation materials, proposals, meeting minutes and/or supporting documents are published by OCP and are open to the public in accordance to OCP's Bylaws and IP Policy. This can be found on the OCP OCP Policies page. If you have any questions please contact OCP.
ACS Immersion Cooling Sub-project Leads
For Rack & Power ACS Project leadership, please refer to the ACS wiki page
The Immersion sub-project enables community driven activities focused on facilitating OCP and industry progression of immersion cooling. Within the Rack and Power ACS group, this project also facilitates harmonization between different ACS sub-projects and the Advanced Cooling Facilities sub-project to the DCF group.
Additions or changes to put on the agenda of different focus groups can be included in the "Suggested Changes" document.
The following documents have been generated to assist and facilitate the harmonization with other liquid cooling projects within OCP.
- - OCP Ready Colo Site Assessment for harmonization evaluation
- - Immersion specific DCF facility assessment items
Immersion Requirements Qualification
The Immersion Requirements sub-project is responsible for the generation and qualification of requirements for immersion solutions. The requirements are aimed at ensuring accurate and factual technology positioning and weeding out marketing claims vs solid engineering. Vendors need to qualify against the requirements which are outlined in the Immersion Requirements document to gain access to a variety of OCP domains, including marketplace or SPEC recognition. Some examples are as follows:
- - OCP immersion spec submission
- - OCP Logo accreditation for immersion solutions (accepted/inspired)
- - OCP solution branding
- - OCP Marketplace positioning
- - OCP Solution building
The qualification process is as follows:
- 1- A qualification request with a filled-out checklist shall be sent to the Immersion Community project leads.
- 2- The Project leads will assess the submission and checklist and when accepted, schedule a 20-minute presentation for the submitter in the next available community call time slot.
- a- The presentation shall be made available to the project leads at the latest 1 week before the scheduled community call.
- b- The presentation shall explain why and how the submitted solution qualifies against this Immersion Requirements document.
- 3- A 60-minute interactive review will be scheduled by a community committee:
- a- The committee is overseen by one of the immersion project leads.
- b- The committee will consist of the Immersion Requirements authors which are invited by the project leads.
- c- All materials (checklist, community presentation, community questions and other collateral) are shared with the reviewers at least 1 week before the review meeting.
- i- There will be 1 week to review materials, request additional feedback and ask follow-up questions after the review session;
- ii- There will be 1 additional week to allow for all votes to be cast;
- iii The committee will approve, decline or provide feedback to resolve before approval, based on the Immersion Requirements.
- 4- The community committee is formed as follows:
- a- All authors of the Immersion Requirements document are invited to be panelists;
- b- One of the immersion project leads oversees the qualification process and panel;
- c- Each company represented in the panel counts as 1 vote (excluding the qualifying company);
- d- A quorum is achieved with a minimum of 5 votes present in the panel.
Immersion Requirements Rev2
Status: Active (1st addendum to Rev2 in progress)
- Point of contact
- - Rolf Brink (Asperitas)
- - Immersion Requirements rev2 (PDF)
- - Immersion Requirements rev2 (DOCX)
- - Immersion qualification checklist (XLSX)
Immersion Requirements - Flashpoints
Immersion Cooling Hurdles
- Points of contact
- - David Gyulnazaryan (Independent)
- - TBD
Power Distribution in Immersion
- Points of contact
- - TBD
Design Guidelines for Immersion-Cooled IT Equipment
Hardware Management for Liquid Cooling
- Points of contact
- - Mick Jones (Vertiv)
- - TBD
- - Mar 06, 2019: Asperitas Fan Sim Specification
- - May 20, 2019: ACS Immersion Community Requirements White Paper
- - Feb 27, 2020: Asperitas Open Cassette Specification
- - Feb 27, 2020: Asperitas Open Cassette design file
- - Dec 18, 2020: Design Guidelines for Immersion Cooled IT equipment Whitepaper
- - Jan 21, 2022: Immersion Requirements rev2
If you would like to get more involved in the project, please sign-up on the mailing list. This is the primary method that we use to communicate project status, meeting schedules, and agendas.
ACS Immersion Cooling Calls
Every third Tuesday of each month for 1 hour, starting at 07:00 AM (PT), 10:00 AM (ET), 3:00 PM (UTC), 16:00 (CET), 22:00 (Chinese ST)
- Note: This call is scheduled and maintained from a CET time zone and follows European DST schedules.
You can also dial in using your phone. United States (Toll Free): 1 877 568 4106 United States: +1 (571) 317-3129 Access Code: 177-040-733
Recordings From Past Calls
- - July 13th, 2022 Liquid Cooling Hurdles
- - July 6th, 2022 Hardware Management for Liquid Cooling
- - July 5th, 2022 Power Distribution in Immersion Cooling
- - June 22nd, 2022 Liquid Cooling Hurdles
- - June 15th, 2022 Hardware Management for Liquid Cooling
- - June 1st, 2022 Hardware Management for Liquid Cooling
- - May 18th, 2022 Hardware Management for Liquid Cooling
- - April 19th, 2022
- - March 22nd, 2022 Immersion Material Compatibility Workgroup Call
- - March 15th, 2022
- - March 8th, 2022 Immersion Material Compatibility Workgroup Call
- - February 8th, 2022 Immersion Material Compatibility Workgroup Call
- - January 25th, 2022 Immersion Material Compatibility Workgroup Call
- - January 18th, 2022
- - December 21st, 2022
- - November 23rd, 2021 Immersion Material Compatibility Workgroup Call
- - November 16th, 2021
- - October 19th, 2022
- - October 12th, 2021 Immersion Material Compatibility Workgroup Call
- - September 28th, 2021 Immersion Material Compatibility Workgroup Call
- - September 21st, 2021
- - September 14th, 2021 Immersion Material Compatibility Workgroup Call
- - August 24th, 2021 Immersion Material Compatibility Workgroup Call
- - August 18th, 2021
- - August 10th, 2021 Immersion Material Compatibility Workgroup Call
- - July 20th, 2021
- - July 14th, 2021 Immersion Material Compatibility Workgroup Call
- - June 29th, 2021 One-off call to discuss new Summit Submission Criteria
- - June 15th, 2021
- - May 18th, 2021
- - April 20th, 2021
- - January 19th, 2021
- - October 20th, 2020
- - September 15th, 2020
- - August 18th, 2020
- - July 21st, 2020
- - July 16th, 2020
- - June 17th, 2020
- - May 19th, 2020
- - April 21st, 2020
- - March 23rd, 2020
- - February 18th, 2020
- - November 21st, 2019
- - November 19th, 2019
- - October 15th, 2019
- - August 20th, 2019
- - July 23rd, 2019
- - June 25th, 2019
- - June 11th, 2019
- - May 28th, 2019
- - May 14th, 2019
- - April 30th, 2019
- - April 16th, 2019
- - April 2nd, 2019
- - March 5th, 2019
- - February 19th, 2019
- - February 5th, 2019
- - January 22nd, 2019
- - January 8th, 2019
- - December 11th, 2018
- - November 27th, 2018
- - November 13th, 2018
- - October 30th, 2018
- - October 16th, 2018