C&I Meeting Notes
1/27/14-1/28/14 OCP Summit V @ San Jose Convention Center
Day 1 -- "Ready" vs. "Certified"
- Ready is executed via self tes*ting from respective hardware vendors
- Should be considered a software only toolkit
- Not a comprehensive certification
- Should be included as a subset of OCP Certified
- Purpose is to lower the barrier of entry of OCP Hardware
- Goal is conform to OCP Hardware Management Spec (Insert link)
- [Question] - Should recertification take place as OCP Ready iterates? (example: 1.0->1.1)
- Certification is executed by certification Labs (ITRI/UTSA)
What is the scope of the certification?
- [Question] - Are we certifying a motherboard/Model/Sku/Bios Rev/Firmware Rev?
- Configuration should be "Max configuration"
- [Question] - How do we handle different components?
- HDD Amount vs. HDD Configuration vs. Memory Population vs. Memory Amount
- We should look to put ownership on vendor to create respective Hardware Compatibility Lists (HCL) or Approved Vendor Lists (AVL) for sub components
- [Question] - How do we handle configuration proliferation?
What are we trying to solve?
- Needs to be clearly defined
- Cost of certifying (yet to be determined by OCP Foundation) is a revenue source for OCP
- Official determination of certified is done by OCP, not respective Labs
- [Question] - During certification, if a test fails, how do we notify vendor?
- [Question] - How do we handle bios/firmware upgrades with respect to previously certified systems?
- Possibly not charge for recertification?
- Work out structure for maintaining and publishing for both Ready and Certified Packages
- Provide documentation for Disposable OS (DOS) for USB Deployment
- Joel Wineland
- Identify what "Max Configuration" means, in terms of hardware to test?
- Example: Populate all HDD bays, Memory slots, Mezz slots
Day 2 -- "Use the email list more!!!"
- Pull Ready/Certified to top of the page (Main Page)
- Move minimum documentation and need that within certified
- [Question] - What does the customer need to know?
- [Question] - What is minimum criteria?
- Should look to focus more so on community driven support
- Possibly look to establish a community based forum for OCP users to collbaorate/discuss deployments and reference diagrams.
Software Framework and Tools
- We should look to move these into Ready/Certified respectively and maintain as apart of the respective release cycles
C&I Branding and Marketing
- Hugh is now in charge
- Needs to be defined
- Internally we should look to evangelize/market C&I within the OCP Foundation in order to gain recognition and support
- Remove, responsibility is taken on by OCP Foundation
Pre-certification "Tested Configuration" repository
- "Doesn't belong but don't forget"
- [Question] - Thao, is this ok?