The OpenRMC Sub-Project is under the direction of the OCP Hardware Management Project Group.
The OpenRMC Sub-project creates designs and specifications to enable interoperable manageability for Open Compute rack managers. Deliverables from this project will include:
- Specification for the interface exposed by the rack manager to the rest of the datacenter
- Requirements on the interface between the rack manager and the on-platform components
- An open-source implementation of the rack manager controller software
The OpenRMC sub-project shall specify manageability capability of the rack management controller (RMC). The sub-project’s activities include:
- Specifying the northbound interface for the RMC
- Specifying the southbound interface requirements for the RMC
- Overseeing the OCP’s Rack-Manager source repository
Regular Project Calls
This sub-project meets every other Tuesday at 12:00 pm ET (9:00 am PT).