The Open Compute Project (OCP) Foundation would like to announce that nominations are now open for its OCP Project Leads. Starting today, May 21st through June 18th, OCP will begin accepting nominations for OCP Project Lead positions.
If you or someone you know would like to run for one of the project lead positions please fill out this webform.
Current project leads are also eligible to run for re-election.
OCP Project Lead Positions open for election:
- Hardware Management
- Rack & Power
Roles and Responsibilities:
Leadership of an OCP project is, by far, one of the most important volunteer roles within the OCP ecosystem.
The role of an OCP Project Lead includes (but not limited to):
- facilitate discussions, both online and in-person, that empower and encourage project participants to communicate, collaborate, and contribute to OCP in an open and transparent manner;
- support the direction of the Foundation by effectively communicating those goals to their projects through the OCP mailing lists, monthly calls, OCP events and various other tools;
- drive communication between their projects and the Foundation;
- work closely with the Foundation to grow the reach of their respective projects and that of the OCP ecosystem;
- focus on the needs of the project participants, the project goals, and the OCP Foundation’s goals and philosophies. In addition the Project Leads must be able to infuse their project with the following traits:
- strong community leadership
- world wide collaboration
- inclusive vs exclusive approach
- technical excellence
- focus on innovation
2 years - August 2018 - July 2020
To be considered eligible to run in this election nominees must belong to an OCP Tiered Member organization. Some restrictions apply.
Nominees may be self-nominated or can be nominated by another individual. All nominees must belong to an OCP Tiered Member organization. Co-leadership is encouraged and for some nominees may be required. Membership status will be verified and if any issues are found with the nominee's eligibility an email will be sent prior to the testimonial phase.
To nominate someone for the position of OCP Project Lead please use this webform
To be eligible to vote for a project lead in this election individuals must belong to an OCP Tiered Member organization. Foundation Employees and OCP Board of Directors are also eligible to vote for the Project Leads.
If you belong to a member organization then please use your organizational email address on the voting form - this email will be used to validate your vote!
- May 21st - Call for Nominations Starts
- June 18th - Call for Nominations Ends
- June 20th - Publish list of Nominees
- June 25th - Voting Phase Begins
- July 12th - Voting Phase Ends
- July 13th - New Leads Announced
- July 16th -Transition/On-Boarding of New Project Leads
- 1 August - New Project Leads assume Project Responsibilities
Restrictions and Limitations:
- To be eligible for nomination belong to an organization that is an OCP Community*, Silver, Gold or Platinum Member.
- *Individuals who belong to an organization that is an OCP Community Member are eligible to run if that organization has made a contribution to OCP within the last membership period (subject to approval by OCP staff).
- Subproject leads are not elected positions, but are appointed by the Project Leads and OCP staff.
- All nominations must be added to the webform no later than 6pm Pacific Time on June 18th, 2018.
- Community and Silver level members can hold no more than 1 leadership position at any one time.
- Gold level members are eligible to hold no more than 2 leadership positions at any one time.
- Platinum level members are eligible to hold no more 3 leadership positions at any one time.
If you have any questions about the status of your OCP membership please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about this election can be found at: