The first annual 2018 Open Compute Project (OCP) Regional Summit will be held October 1 – 2 at the RAI Exhibition and Convention Centre, Amsterdam, Netherlands. The OCP Regional Summit will bring together key decision makers, executives, engineers, developers and suppliers in developing regions where OCP is experiencing significant demand and adoption.
CLICK HERE to view the full schedule.
- OCP Track - This is a great track for first time Summit attendees. If you want to learn about how the Open Compute Project works, how to get involved, what kinds of projects and initiatives we are working on, this is the track to attend. Along with an OCP Primer, we will also be discussing use cases - who is using OCP and why OCP?? You will hear from industry leaders in Finance, Travel and Telecom. Who better to talk about OCP than our adopters?? They will discuss their thought process in adopting open hardware, the challenges they faced and how they overcame those challenges to find success. Hear from adopters like Booking.com, Nerim, KPN, ING Bank and more! Click here for more details.
- Europe Focus Track - This track is dedicated to all things European-focused. With presentations from IHS Markit on their findings on Open HW in the EMEA region to the Research Institute of Sweden (RISE), you will learn all about energy efficiency in the data center. These institutions specialize in Europe and will share their insights on what is needed to succeed in operating or building your own data center. What are the new initiatives within the EU that could impact the data center? How do we work with these requirements? Lastly, Steve Helvie from OCP will talk about the OCP Solution Provider program. Steve will tell you how to get the most out of OCP if you are a current SP or thinking about becoming an SP. And he’ll share what you need to do to get your brand linked with OCP and getting more adoption. Click here for more details.
- Engineering Workshops - There will be the following project tracks:
- We will be specifically targeting the European regions. Much like the adoption research we engaged IHS Markit to conduct on our behalf in preparation for the US Summit, we have asked them to explore energy consumption issues, and potential savings by using OCP. They will be presenting their findings.
- We currently have plans for talks from the following organizations: London Internet Exchange (LINX), Romonet, Booking.com, Nerim, The Linux Foundation, KAO Data, Yahoo! Japan, ING Bank, KPN, and many more!
- The latest project announced at the US Summit was the creation of the Open Systems Firmware project. This project is being led by Devender Goud from Microsoft and Ron Minnich from Google. They will be hosting a full day engineering workshop. The workshop will cover the work that is underway to open source platform initialization code, optimized for web-scale cloud firmware, with options build around UEFI and LinuxBoot. Facebook will also discuss scaling their business by using Linux experts to code firmware.
If you participate as a sponsor or exhibitor at the OCP Regional Summit, it counts towards your tiered membership requirements to OCP! Click here to learn about all the great sponsorship options. Contact email@example.com to learn more!