This page contains information pertaining to testing and certification of ONIE.
The current ONIE Specification and Testing document is located here:
These documents are based on the 2014-08 to 2015-02 ONIE release.
NOTE: For ONIE releases:
Test cases: 10, 11, 12, 46, 47, and 48 will be marked as N/A as those releases of ONIE contained a bug to prevent compliance.
Prior to submitting a network device for ONIE certification, the following items must be performed:
- ONIE image for the device is openly available on the vendor's website
- ONIE source code for the device is openly available
- preferably in the main ONIE repository on GitHub
- Ensure all other requirements are met as described in the testing document (i.e. asset tracking labels and Quick Start Guide)
The certification process for ONIE will be as follows:
- Submit network device(s) to ONIE certification lab
- NOTE: device is not returnable as this device will be used for all future ONIE certifications (on vendor's request)
- The recommended number of devices is 3 per SKU to ensure a working model for the lifetime of the device. However, 1 per SKU is acceptable if the vendor is able to provide parts (RMA) for the lifetime of the device.
- Once the device has been received, testing will begin no later than 5 business days
- Normal testing results should be available no later than 5 business days after testing has begun
- Test results will be sent directly to vendor and OCP C&I Director (only if device passed)
- OCP Foundation will issue certification voucher to vendor upon verification
- Vendor is now able to use ONIE Certified logo on website and marketing collateral