C&I Project Special Election
The OCP Community is an ever evolving, innovating and thriving community. In March we announced that we would be extending the terms of our volunteer leadership and holding no elections until 2016. However, we now have special circumstances requiring a special election.
If an OCP project lead resigns from their position prior to the end of the term or if they can no longer fulfill their duties then the OCP project community will vote on the interim project lead.
YF Juan has announced his resignation as the C&I project lead. We appreciate all his hard work and dedication to not only the OCP C&I project, but to the Foundation as well. His last day as project lead will be this Friday, 8 May 2015. As such today, 6 May 2015 through 16 May 2015 we will be taking nominations for this position.
Time Line for the OCP C&I Project Lead Special Election
- 6-16 May 2015 - Nomination Phase
- 16-19 May 2015 - Validate Eligibility
- 20 May 2015 - Contact Nominees
- 29 May - 12 June 2015 - Testimonials (Updated from 21-31 May 2015)
- 15 - 26 June 2015 - Voting Phase (Updated from 1-13 June, 2015)
- 29 June 2015 - Results Announced (Updated from 16 June, 2015)
Roles and Responsibilities of the an OCP Project Lead
Leadership of an OCP project is, by far, one of the most important volunteer roles within the OCP ecosystem.
The role of an OCP Project Lead includes (but not limited to):
- facilitate discussions, both online and in-person, that empower and encourage project participants to communicate, collaborate, and contribute to OCP in an open and transparent manner;
- support the direction of the Foundation by effectively communicating those goals to their projects through the OCP mailing lists, monthly calls, OCP events and various other tools;
- drive communication between their projects and the Foundation;
- work closely with the Foundation to grow the reach of their respective projects and that of the OCP ecosystem;
- focus on the needs of the project participants, the projects goals, and the OCP Foundation’s goals and philosophies.
In addition the Project Leads must be able to infuse their project with the following traits:
- strong community leadership
- world wide collaboration
- inclusive vs exclusive approach
- technical excellence
- focus on innovation
How does nominations work?
Any member can nominate themselves or someone else on the project for inclusion on the ballot. Please fill out the webform on or before 5pm Central time on 16 May 2015.
Who is eligible for Nomination?
Any individual member or anyone from a member organization whose membership is in good standing. All nominees memberships will be validated prior to 19 May 2015. You must create an individual profile on the website prior to 15 May 2015 to be eligible. If you belong to a member organization please use your organization email to create this profile. Your organizational membership takes precedence over the individual membership; however, we pull the list of names from this database. Instructions for creating this profile can be found at:http://www.opencompute.org/community/get-involved/tiered-membership/individual-ocp-community-membership/
The interim project lead will hold this seat until the regular scheduled project lead election in August 2016.
Who is eligible to vote?
The OCP Board members as well as any individual member or anyone from a member organization whose membership is in good standing. You must create an individual profile on the website prior to 25 May 2015 to be eligible to vote. If you belong to a member organization please use your organization email to create this profile. Your organizational membership takes precedence over the individual membership; however, we pull the list of names from this database. Instructions for creating this profile can be found at:http://www.opencompute.org/community/get-involved/tiered-membership/individual-ocp-community-membership/
Restrictions and Limitations:
- To be eligible for nomination you must create your profile on the website on or before 15 May 2015.
- All nominations must be added to the webform no later than 5pm central on 15 May.
- You must be an individual member (by creating your profile you are signing the individual agreement) or an employee of a member organization in good standing in order to be nominated. Nominee membership will be validated by 18 May 2015
- Individual, Community and Silver level members are eligible to hold no more than 1 leadership position at any one time
- Gold level members are eligible to hold no more than 2 leadership positions at any one time
- Platinum level members are eligible to hold no more 3 leadership positions at any one time
- No person shall hold 2 leadership positions at any one time
- Leadership positions are defined as OCP Board Member, OCP Incubation Committee (IC) member (excludes chair and vice-chair), OCP Project Leads and OCP Approved Regional Community Leaders.
You must be an individual member (by creating your profile your are signing the individual agreement) or an employee of a member organization in good standing on or before
Many thanks to YF Juan for all his hard work on the OCP C&I project and we look forward to seeing the community nominees.
If you have any questions please email Amber Graner.