Welcome to the OCP Mezzanine NIC subgroup under OCP Server Work Group. The goal of this subgroup is to form a healthy ecosystem in Mezzanine NIC space, under OCP framework.
We are here to build a supportive, informative and inclusive community:
- Support implementation questions
- Evaluate new use cases
- Share the latest topics and trends related to OCP Mezz NIC spec
- Share both challenges and opportunities
- Take community feedback and make iterations to proposal before submitting major revision to work group and IC
- Open to both adopters, and observers
|OCP_NIC_3.0_draft_0v50_20171222i_TN||0v01||12/22/2017||OCP NIC subgroup|| Draft - 90%+ complete; public review and feedback is welcome.
Send feedback=> firstname.lastname@example.org
|OCP 3.0 OCP 3.0 Pinout Proposal 20171205a_TN||20171205a_TN||12/05/2017||Intel||Pinout Proposal|
|OCP_NIC_3.0_discussion_r11_20171219||v11||12/19/2017||OCP NIC Subgroup||General deck;updated before 12/20 call|
|Mezz3.0 schedule v6_20171219||v6||12/19/2017||OCP NIC 3.0 spec project schedule|
|OCP NIC 3.0_Mechanical Discussion_v5_20171201_d||v5||12/01/2017||Mechanical Deck|
|OCP_NIC_3_3D_CAD_r2_20170920||v2||9/20/2017||Mechanical 3D package|
|Thermal Deck_v7_20171115||v7||11/15/2017||Thermal deck|
|Updated thermal Simulation Results_v7_20171103||v7||11/3/2017||Thermal simulation result update|
|OCP_Mezz_thermal_model_v3_20171103||v3||11/3/2017||Thermal simulation model package|
|HPE_Comments_on_OCP_Mezz_v3_20170816||N/A||8/16/2017||HPE||Presentation from HPE on 8/16/2017 call|
|Dell EMC - OCP NIC Presntation v1_20170906||v1||9/6/2017||Dell-EMC||Presentation from Dell-EMC on 9/6/2017 call|
|Lenovo OCP Mezz3.0 Recommendations - 20170901||N/A||9/1/2017||Lenovo||A mechanical focused presentation from Lenovo on 9/6/2017 call|
|9/25/2017 Workshop decks||N/A||9/25/2017||Microsoft / TE / Amphenol / Broadcom / Intel / Facebook||9/25/2017 workshop slides from multiple contributors|
|9/25/2017 Workshop recording (large file 908MB)||N/A||9/25/2017||Microsoft / TE / Amphenol / Broadcom / Intel / Facebook||9/25/2017 workshop recording from multiple contributors|
1. Update spec draft to OCP_NIC_3.0_draft_0v50_20171222i_TN
1. Updated spec draft, overview deck, and mechanical deck
1. Update spec draft to OCP_NIC_3.0_draft_0v01_20171205c_TN
2. Update pin out to OCP 3.0 Pinout Proposal 20171205a_TN
3. Specification draft complete rate (Estimation)
|Chapter||Draft complete rate||Status|
|1. Overview||70% drafted||finishing up / under review|
|2. Card form factor||60+% drafted||finishing up / under review|
|3. Card Edge and baseboard interface||80+ % drafted||Under review|
|4. Management||0% drafted||Need to work on|
|5. Data Network requirement||TBD||Same content as Mezz 2.0; check for need to keep this chapter|
|6. Card routing guideline and SI consideration||TBD||NC-SI specified on card; PCIe TBD|
|7. Thermal and Environmental||TBD||Need edit based on Mezz 2.0|
4. Key mechanical updates:
- Agreed on guiding feature and card sizes
- Reduce to 2x sizes (Small and Large form factors; detail see latest spec draft)
To be closed:
- Front bracket / latching mechanism design for small and large form factors
- Right Angle connector vertical offset(3.05mm vs. 3.50mm); Need to decide and close based on Tolerance analysis
- Straddle Mount connector offset and PCB footprint; Need to decide and close based on 1U use case study
5. Coming working sessions and proposal of agenda:
-#7 12/6 : 2hr working session; ME and EE runs in parallel; close on ME opens and clarify the rest of draft work
-#8 12/13: 3-4hr: All draft work due for 1st pass of edit of all chapters. 1st cross review with changes suggested and agreed
-#9 12/20: 3-4hr: Review changes and post 1st draft
This project meets - 2 times a Month; Defaults to 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the Month.
Call-in info and source of truth @ http://opencompute.org/projects/projects-calendar/ (Time zone shown: Eastern Time)
This call is open to the public.
If there is a cancellation, we will try our best to cancel >24hrs before the meeting by the calendars above.
Meeting minutes is sent out in mailing list and can be found at archive
OCP Engineering Workshop Sessions https://ocpussummit2017.sched.com/event/9SAa/ocp-mezzanine-nic-20-and-beyond
More information about OCP events can be found at: http://www.opencompute.org/community/events/ocp-events-calendar
- Project communication is done through the opencompute-mezz-card mailing list.
- Please make sure following the steps until you receive confirmation email and welcome email from Opencomputeemail@example.com.
Please check your junk box and unblock Opencomputefirstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble getting confirmation email.
- To access the mailing list archives go to: http://lists.opencompute.org/pipermail/opencompute-mezz-card/
- For general discussion, please use mailing-list above by default; This is public domain and all discussion is archived
- Reach to Jia Ning if there is strong reason not to have public discussion
Specifications and Designs
|OCP Mezzanine card v2.0||V2.0-1.0||Dec 15, 2015||OWFa 1.0|| Added support for x16 (quad x4), NCSI, dual QSFP+, & Quad SDP+ |
Accepted by OCP IC 2/24/2016
|OCP Mezzanine card v0.5, original standard||V0.5||Oct 8, 2012||OWFa 1.0||Defacto standard for the original network mezzanine with a x8 PCIe Gen3 interface|