The OCP Engineering Workshops are working sessions that are meant to be technical in nature and are designed to allow the OCP Project Communities to come together to work on the goals and set the direction of each project as it supports the mission and vision of the OCP Foundation. These Engineering Workshops are designed to encourage, empower and inspire the OCP community to communicate, collaborate and contribute! These events are free to the public, but do require registration.
The goals of these workshops include:
- Increase community participation and stickiness
- Increase the OCP technology portfolio; depth and breadth of specifications and charters
- Drive the product-ionization of OCP’s specifications
- Solidify specification versioning pipeline, release process and naming conventions
- Take into account/understand the supplier needs and OCP partner needs
- Implementation of OCP’s legal framework (CLA and OCPHLs)
- Building out/addressing technologies for new sectors.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Flexswitch: An Update and Level Set by Amber Graner, SnapRoute
- ONIE: Security with CBW Devices, by Curt Brune, Cumulus Networks and Rajat Ghai, Benu Networks
- ONIE: Secure Boot for x86_64 devices, by Curt Brune, Cumulus Networks
- OOM: A new pluggable module driver, by Don Bollinger, Finisar
- SAI and SONIC: Topic and moderator to be determined, Microsoft
- Wrapup and conclusions
- Happy hour
Attending an OCP Engineering Workshop counts toward your OCP Tiered Membership time requirement.
If you are interested in a sponsorship, or have any questions, please contact Dirk Van Slyke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-404-4484.
Since we encourage our contributing members to share their specifications and designs for the community to provide input to them prior to their final release it is important to remember that by providing feedback during this workshop, whether in written or oral form, you (and your organization if you are attending on behalf of an organization) grant OCP and its members the irrevocable rights to use the feedback for any purpose without further obligation to you.