The OCP Foundation is pleased to announce the dates for our first international Summit on Thursday, October 30 and Friday, October 31, 2014 at the École Polytechnique in Paris France. Registration is now open!
We have seen enormous growth throughout the project after our last summit in Jan ‘14 . In addition to our Japan and Taiwan chapters we will be adding localized chapters in Europe, Australia/New Zealand and UAE. The Foundation is also fielding inquiries to add more local chapters throughout the world. The Foundation has added another top level project which brings the total number of chartered projects to 8!
We also want to take this time to inform everyone on the type of events we run and sponsor. They are outlined below:
Summits: 2 day event, 2 per year - The OCP Foundation hosts annual summits where the community meets and discusses the latest developments with OCP. Summits offer a chance to hear from speakers and panels, get the latest announcements, view demonstrations, visit booths, and network with others in the community. We will host one US summit and one international summit yearly. These events are free to the public, but do require registration. Attending an OCP Summit counts toward your OCP Tiered Membership time requirement. Silver, Gold and Platinum OCP Members will be given discounts on their summit sponsorships.
- OCP Engineering Workshops: 1 to 1.5 day event, up to 7 per year - The Open Compute Project Foundation hosts a series of engineering workshops each year to build the community by bringing the various OCP projects together to discuss how to increased community participation and stickiness, increase the OCP technology portfolio in depth and breadth of specifications and charters, drive the product-ionization of OCP’s specifications, solidify specification versioning pipeline, release process, naming conventions, take into account/understand the suppliers needs and OCP partners needs, implementation of OCP’s legal framework (CLA’s, OCPHL’s) as well as building out/addressing technologies for new sectors. This workshops are designed to encourage, empower, and inspire the OCP community to communicate, collaborate and contribute! These events are free to the public, but do require registration. Attending an OCP Engineering Workshop counts toward your OCP Tiered Membership time requirement. Those organizations who sponsor an OCP Engineering Workshop will be credited with a percentage of their sponsorship toward their tiered membership money requirement.
OCP Community Building: ½ day event, varies per year - The Open Compute Project Foundation host community building days prior to the launch of a regional community. These events bring together organizations who are interested in becoming OCP Members and driving a localized chapter. Discussed at these events are how to get involved in OCP, Tiered Membership, OCPHL’s, spec submissions, certification process and more. These events are free to the public, but do require registration. Attending an OCP Community building counts toward your OCP Tiered Membership time requirement. Those organizations who sponsor an OCP Engineering Workshop will be credited with a percentage of their sponsorship toward their tiered membership money requirement.
OCP Meetups: 1 to 3 hours, varies per year - These are informal meetings which can be organized by a community member or project lead. While technical topics may be discussed, these do not take the place of an engineering workshop are meant to bring the community together in a smaller geographical region. Those attending meetups should not need airfare or hotel rooms to attend. Attending a community organized meetup does not count toward tiered membership.
OCP On the Road: Varies by event and per year - These are industry events that OCP Foundation Members will be attending and participating by either speaking or staffing a booth. These events will give the community the opportunity to meet and discuss OCP related topics with various OCP Members. If OCP members are attending an industry event and speaking about their relationship with OCP, contributions to OCP, or helping to staff a booth with OCP credit will be given toward their tiered membership time requirements. In order to receive this credit member organizations will need to let us know at least 2 weeks before the event.
OCP is a community driven project and as such we are always looking for opportunities to bring the community together. None of these events would be possible without you!
We would like to thank each and everyone of you for your continued support as we continue to add engagement opportunities.
Save the Date:
Below is a list of events that we are currently planning for in 2014.
- 16 September - OCP Engineering Workshop at Cloud Connect, Shanghai
- 18 September - OCP Engineering Workshop in Tokyo Japan
- 30-31 October - OCP European Summit - Paris, France
- 3-5 November - OCP Booth at Openstack Developer Summit, Paris France
If you or your organization is interested in sponsorship opportunities for any of these events please contact Stephanie Loayza. If you have topic ideas or want to present at any of these events please contact Amber Graner.
The OCP Foundation has many ways for individuals and organizations to participate in OCP; online project meetings, OCP events, submit a spec, review a spec, read our blog, join our Facebook group, add us to your G+ circles, follow us on Twitter, join our mailings and much more. To find out more about getting involved in OCP, click here.
We hope to see you at the first OCP European Summit on 30-31 October at École Polytechnique. Don’t forget, register today!