Tuesday, July 12, 2016 · Posted by Amber Graner at 2:30 AM
The voting phase for the OCP 2016-2018 Project elections starts today, 12 July 2016 and will remain open until 26 July 2016 at 9:00pm (CT). We would like to thank all the past, current and future OCP Project Leads for their willingness to encourage, empower, and inspire the OCP project communities to communicate, collaborate and contribute!
The following 5 project lead seat nominees will require a vote. You will be able to leave a testimonial for these nominees.
- Jerry Luo (Ericsson) (will be running without a co-lead)
- Jason Schafer (Google) and Robert Bunger (Schneider Electric)
- Carlos Cardenas (Cumulus) and Omar Baldonado (Facebook)
- Steve Noble (Big Switch Networks) and Lihua Yuan (Microsoft)
- Scott Boynton (Canonical) and Mike Valentine (Goldman Sachs)
- John Stuewe (Dell) and Siamak Tavallaei (Microsoft)
- Jean-Marie Verdun (Horizon) (will be running without a co-lead)
- Kang-Won Lee (SK Telecom) and Bryan Larish (Verizon)
- Craig White (Nokia) and Doug Haunsperger (Dell)
The following 4 project lead seat nominees are running unopposed and will NOT require a community vote.
- C&I - Asim Rasheed (IXIA) and David Woolf (UNH-IOL) (update: Asim and David have decided not to run against one another, but to co-lead the C&I group together)
- HPC - Devashish Paul (IDT) and Manoj Roge (Xilinx)
- Hardware Management - Bernie Meier (Ericsson) and Norman James (IBM)
- Open Rack - Brian Obernesser (Fidelity) and Steve Mills (Facebook)
The Updated Time is as follows:
- 6 June 2016 - Call for Nominations Starts - Completed
- 20 June 2016 - Call for Nominations Ends - Completed
- 27 June 2016 - (was 21 June 2016) - Publish list of Nominees - Completed
- 28 June 2016 - (was 21 June 2016) - Testimonial Phase Starts - Completed
- 11 July 2016 - (was 5 July 2016) - Testimonial Phase Ends - Completed
- 12 July 2016 - (was 6 July 2016) - Voting Phase Begins - In-Progress
- 26 July 2016 - (20 July 2016) - Voting Phase Ends
- 27 July 2016 - (21 July 2016) - New Leads Announced
- 27 - 31 July 2016 - (was 22 - 31 July 2016) - Transition/On-Boarding of New Project Leads
- 1 August 2016 - New Project Leads Assume Project Responsibilities
Who is eligible to vote?
To be eligible to vote for a project lead in this election individuals needed to be an OCP Member (Individual or Tiered) and signed up for the mailing list of the OCP project they wish to cast a vote in no later than 20 June 2016.
Foundation Employees and OCP Board of Directors are also eligible to vote for the Project Leads.
How do I vote?
Eligible Voters will receive an email which will guide them through how to vote. If you believe you should have received a voting key for the this election and have not received one by the end of the day on 13 July 2016, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the voting tool that is used?
We use the Condercet Internet Voting Service (CIVS) which was developed by Cornell University. CIVS is a free Internet voting service that makes it easy to conduct polls. Each voter ranks a set of possible choices. Individual voter rankings are combined into an anonymous overall ranking of the choices.
More information about our governance process can be found here.
Again, the Foundation would like to thank all of those who have been nominated. None of our successes would be possible without the support and participation of you and your organizations.
The OCP Foundation has many ways for an individual or organization to participate: online project meetings, OCP events, spec submission or review, follow our blog, join our Facebook group, add us to your G+ circles, follow us on Twitter, join our mailings and much more. To find out more about getting involved in OCP, click here.