Organization and Board
The Open Compute Project Foundation is a Delaware corporation under IRC 501(c)(6). It is governed by its Board of Directors:
- Jason Taylor, Vice President of Infrastructure, Facebook - Chairman and President, Open Compute Project Foundation
- Rocky Bullock, Secretary/Treasurer
- Joshua Matheus, Goldman Sachs
- Bill Laing, Corporate Vice President of Cloud and Enterprise, Microsoft
- Jason Waxman, General Manager, High Density Computing, Data Center Group, Intel
- John Engates, Chief Technical Officer, Rackspace Hosting
- Andy Bechtolsheim
The Board of Directors charters the Projects and sets the stratgetic mission and focus of the OCP Foundation.
The Incubation Committee (IC), approves all new specifications which are submitted to the OCP Foundation for inclusion. As of 2014 all project leads and IC seats will be member elected positions. This excludes the IC Chair and Vice-Chair positions, these positions will be board appointed positions.