There are many opportunities for individuals and companies to get involved with the OCP community.
Contribute to the Community
- Join a current project, read the specs, offer comments and suggestions on the specs, help shape the direction of a spec as it is developing.
- Feed ideas for new projects to the incubation committee.
- Test out a prototype design.
- Contribute a hardware or software prototype to a project.
To become a member of the Open Compute Project Foundation and participate in the projects, please download and complete the OCP Membership Agreement. Once you’ve done that, please pick the projects you are interested in and sign the OWF CLA for those projects. Now you’re ready to engage with a current project on GitHub or suggest a new one to the incubation committee. We’re setting up infrastructure to maximize efficient project communication, so stay tuned!
Participate in a Summit
The Open Compute Project Foundation hosts summits twice a year. Here are a few ways you can participate:
- If your company is interested in sponsoring an OCP summit, please contact email@example.com and we’d be happy to share upcoming opportunities.
- Attend a summit! The next OCP Summit will be held in Santa Clara, California on January 16th and 17th at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Stay tuned for more information.
- If you’re interested in leading a technical workshop or presenting at a future summit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the OCP group on Facebook.
Get on the mailing lists for the tracks that you’re interested in and stay up to date with projects and foundation activities:
- For general information: lists.opencompute.org/mailman/listinfo/opencompute-all (Note: Subscribing to this list does not subscribe you to any of the project-specific lists below.)
- For compliance and interoperability: lists.opencompute.org/mailman/listinfo/opencompute-ci
- For data center design: lists.opencompute.org/mailman/listinfo/opencompute-datacenterdesign
- For hardware management: lists.opencompute.org/mailman/listinfo/opencompute-hardwaremngt
- For motherboards and servers: lists.opencompute.org/mailman/listinfo/opencompute-mobo
- For the Open Rack and power supplies: lists.opencompute.org/mailman/listinfo/opencompute-openrack
- For storage: lists.opencompute.org/mailman/listinfo/opencompute-storage
- For virtual I/O: lists.opencompute.org/mailman/listinfo/opencompute-virtualio